This Cauliflower Pomegranate Salad with Yogurt Dressing can be enjoyed cold or warm, as a veggie side or even main dish, served with rice or quinoa. As it contains essentially one vegetable , i.e. cauliflower, it won’t wilt or get soggy after 10 minutes (which is about as long as most salads manage to stay fresh for), so you can put it in a plastic container and take to a party or enjoy for lunch at work. In short, this salad is a very practical, handy dish that can be used according to individual needs.
I roast my vegetables whenever possible (if I don’t want them raw), and roasted cauliflower is so much more flavoursome than cooked or even steamed. Although delicious on its own (when roasted), I thought I’ll make an extra special dish that would really show off this fabulous vegetable. I used pomegranate seeds for sweetness and crunch and coriander to add a fresh herb flavour and a bit of green, and coated my 3 ingredients in a smooth, creamy aromatic dressing. You’ll notice I’ve used Skyr to make the dressing – Skyr is my latest discovery which I mentioned in my previous post (Butternut Squash Vegetarian Chilli) and I’ll be using it a lot from now on, though Greek yogurt is always a good alternative if you prefer to use that.
I strongly recommend sprinkling the cauliflower pieces (before roasting them) with some cayenne pepper for a bit of bite. Enjoy!
This recipe was shared with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday
Yields 4 portions
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons thick yogurt (Greek or Skyr)
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil (plus more for drizzling over the cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon each cumin and turmeric powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 200 C/ gas mark 6. Roughly chop up the cauliflower, tip onto a baking tray, season with salt and cayenne pepper and drizzle with oil (3-4 tablespoons). Bake for 20-22 minutes, turning half way. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients, stir thoroughly and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the roasted cauliflower with the pomegranate seeds and coriander. Pour the dressing over, stir thoroughly, adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve.