You can never have too much asparagus when it’s in season (we have about 3 weeks of it left here in the UK) and today I am sharing a truly summery recipe – Grilled Asparagus Strawberry Mozzarella Salad.
Asparagus can be prepared in several ways, including steaming, roasting and frying, but for this recipe I’ve chosen to grill it using my trusty griddle pan (these things are very handy and I really would be lost without one – you can find a selection of griddle/grill pans here). Grilled asparagus is delicious and is ready in only about 6 minutes (plus you can use this time to prepare the other ingredients). The entire salad takes approximately 10-12 minutes to put together.
This salad is quite flexible and you can tweak the proportions to suit your own preferences. For example, you can use more mint if you like, as the amount I used in the recipe is quite moderate and the mint flavour is subtle. When it comes to seasoning, which I normally recommend for most salads, the asparagus can do with a little salt and pepper as it’s grilling, but that’s all the seasoning you will really need to use. Serve this salad with your favourite lettuce, rocket leaves or any type of salad leaves.
The reason I used mini mozzarellas as opposed to adding chunks of mozzarella is that they just look so pretty in this salad, but if you can’t find them just chop up mozzarella into chunks (use buffalo mozzarella if you like) and scatter generously over the salad.
Enjoy this refreshing, nutritious, super easy to make Grilled Asparagus Strawberry Mozzarella Salad for lunch on a hot, sunny day! I have:)
For more asparagus recipes click < THIS LINK >
I am sharing this recipe with #CookBlogShare hosted this week by Kirsty at Hijacked By Twins.
Yields 2 servings
6 minPrep Time
6 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
- 250g asparagus, roughly chopped or left whole
- 250g strawberries, halved or quartered
- 120g mini mozzarellas (drained weight)
- For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used rapeseed), plus a little more for grilling the asparagus
- 1.5 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- To Serve:
- 3 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- Serve on a bed of lettuce
- Sea salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus (they are usually about 2 cm long) and preheat a griddle pan. Lower the heat, season the asparagus, drizzle with a little oil and grill for about 6 minutes, turning it over a few times. Set aside to cool a little.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and stir thoroughly. Set aside.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a large plate, enough to cover it. Scatter the asparagus, strawberry and mozzarella on top, season (optional), sprinkle with mint, pour over the dressing and enjoy!