This 5-Minute Roasted Sweet Potato Garlic Soup Recipe (Vegan) is gluten free, super easy to make and full of veggie goodness and delicious flavours.
This 5-Minute Vegan Sweet Potato Soup with Roasted Garlic probably the easiest and quickest soup recipes I have ever made! The sweet potatoes, along with the garlic, are baked whole before being added into the soup, which keeps cooking time to a minimum.
Another advantage of baking the sweet potato whole is that none of its sweetness is lost. Roasting garlic whole actually makes it taste sweet, which is important as it balances out the earthy flavour of the spinach.
Easy sweet potato soup recipe
There is very little peeling and chopping involved so preparation time is short. Once the sweet potato and garlic have been roasted simply combine them with the rest of the ingredients, bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes. This is possibly the quickest healthy sweet potato soup you’ll ever find!
This creamy sweet potato soup is tangy, robust and very refreshing. Perfect on a hot day! Serve either hot or cold, topped with croutons, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, almond flakes, a drizzle of olive oil or even some hard-boiled eggs! Enjoy!
You’ll find an easy homemade croutons recipe here: Spinach Pea Soup with Skinny Croutons.
Easy prep tips
You can prepare the main ingredients – sweet potato and garlic – in advance, which I recommend you do. It will really speed up preparation time. Simply roast them as per instructions, then allow to cool completely and refrigerate, covered, until you need them (for up to 3 days). Remove the skin just before you make the recipe.
More healthy creamy soup recipes
5-Minute Roasted Sweet Potato Garlic Soup Recipe (Vegan)
- 3 medium/large sweet potatoes choose long thin ones to shorten baking time
- 1 medium whole garlic head about 8 garlic cloves, the top sliced off
- 250 g fresh spinach
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5-6 cups hot water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F/ 220 C/ gas mark 7.
- Place the sweet potatoes and garlic on a baking tray and bake for 35 minutes (or until they are tender). Remove from the oven, peel and chop the potatoes and squeeze the garlic out of the skin. This will be quite easy to do as both will be soft.
- In a pot heat up the oil, add the onion, garlic, sweet potatoes and stir. Add the seasoning, spinach and water, stir, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, puree and add the balsamic vinegar (or drizzle over individual portions). Serve either hot or cold.
Pin 5-Minute Roasted Sweet Potato Garlic Soup Recipe (Vegan)!
Keep in touch!
Recipe Link Parties
I am sharing this easy roasted sweet potato soup recipe with This Is How We Roll Link Party.