This delicious Easy Avocado Toast with Ricotta is a quick and nutritious savoury breakfast recipe idea. Also great as a healthy snack anytime!
If you are a fan of guacamole I am confident you will like this Easy Avocado Toast with Ricotta. I am a huge fan of avocado, whether mashed, sliced or chopped, in both savoury and sweet dishes. (See my recent Chilli Chocolate Avocado Dessert). I am particularly fond of guacamole, which is the basis for this recipe. This recipe, however, is not a dip as the ingredients are chopped rather than mashed. Plus I’ve added ricotta, which binds all the ingredients together and creates a more filling mixture, ideal to serve on toast.
Easy avocado toast breakfast
This is a fabulously quick and easy to make recipe which you can put together in less than about 10 minutes. Simply chop up the avocado, cilantro and shallot, add the crushed garlic, ricotta, oil, lime juice and seasoning and stir thoroughly. If you are really pressed for time, however, you can make the avocado mixture ahead. Keep it in the fridge in a bowl covered with cling film, for up to 5-6 hours. It may not taste as fresh if you store it for longer.
When you are ready to serve it place a desired amount of the avocado mixture on top of your toast and scatter some black sesame seeds or chia seeds. It will add extra goodness and more of a dramatic look to your morning toast!
The avocado ricotta mixture tastes delicious with any bread really so use your favourite. (I like to use brown, seeded or rye). Easily make this recipe into an appetizer by swapping bread for crackers. You could also add this avocado mixture to chicken, turkey or salmon (especially smoked!) sandwiches.
More breakfast recipes using vegetables
For more healthy breakfast recipes using vegetables see my post on How To Eat More Vegetables For Breakfast. It includes this delicious avocado raspberry smoothie, as well as these gluten free carrot chia muffins.
Easy Avocado Toast with Ricotta
- 2 medium avocados ripe but firm, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons ricotta
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil I used rapeseed
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- A handful of coriander cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove crushed
- Sea salt and pepper to taste and black sesame or chia seeds for sprinkling on top
- Your choice of bread I used rye but you can use any
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients (not the seeds), stir thoroughly, adjust the seasoning as necessary and spoon a desired amount on a slice of toast. Sprinkle sesame or chia seeds on top and enjoy!
- Keep any unused amount of the mixture in the fridge, in a bowl covered with cling film, for up to 5-6 hours.
Pin Easy Avocado Toast with Ricotta!