This baked camembert with honey garlic dressing and peaches is the perfect dish to finish a summer barbecue or a tasty savoury snack you can enjoy anytime. It’s cheese-and-crackers with a fruity twist.
Today on the blog – baked camembert with honey garlic dressing and peaches.
Before I had this blog I used to eat fruit as a snack and perhaps in muffins occasionally. Blogging has changed my perception of fruit and has definitely increased my appreciation of its many culinary uses. Fruit is great raw but it’s also delicious cooked – in both sweet and savoury dishes.
It worked fantastically in this easy, savoury chicken casserole with bulgur wheat and peaches. There are of course countless examples of sweet fruit recipes that aren’t necessarily dessert. One is this easy vegan plum breakfast crisp recipe.
If you are more of a ‘cheese-and-crackers’ rather than ‘dessert’ kind of person this recipe is for you. It is more than just cheese and crackers though, as the camembert is baked alongside sweet juicy peaches which makes this recipe a delicious light fruity snack.
How to make baked camembert
Baking camembert is super easy. Simply place in the oven in its box (without the plastic packaging) and pop in the oven for 20 minutes! The great thing about this recipe is that you can bake the peaches alongside the cheese!
Drizzle the whole thing with the honey garlic balsamic vinegar dressing and bake!
Can I use different fruit
Absolutely! I used peaches in this baked camembert recipe, but apricots or plums would be just as suitable. The simple tangy dressing together with refreshing mint would be great with either of these fruits. And all would go equally well with the hot gooey camembert, which is just fabulous served this way, so much more flavourful than eaten cold!
Enjoy this moreish sweet and savoury baked camembert cheese with honey garlic dressing with crusty bread or crackers, or simply on its own. It makes a fantastic party food idea but also works well as a snack, perfect for sharing.
Serve hot straight from the oven.
Baked Camembert Recipe with Peaches
- 1 whole camembert
- 4 large peaches halved, pitted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 200 C/ gas mark 6. Remove any plastic packaging from the camembert and place back in its box (or use a small baking dish if you've got one).
- Place the cheese along with the peaches on a baking tray.
- In a small bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, oil and garlic. Sprinkle the mint over the peaches, drizzle with the vinegar mixture and bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy with crackers or crusty bread. Serve immediately.
Pin Baked Camembert with Honey Garlic Dressing & Peaches!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
RECIPE LINK PARTIES
I am bringing this easy baked camembert recipe to This Is How We Roll Link Party.