These Healthy Blueberry Pancakes with Quark & Wheatgerm are so easy to make you can enjoy them everyday – they make a great Sunday brunch item too!
This Healthy Blueberry Pancakes with Quark and Wheatgerm recipe came about as a result of a conversation with a friend the other day. She told me her two boys love blueberry pancakes but she is struggling to find a reliable, healthy pancake recipe.
Healthy blueberry pancakes
I hope this recipe is what she is looking for. It has no added sugar and is very low in fat (quark is actually fat free). I’ve also used semi-skimmed (low fat) milk. Another healthy ingredient I used is wheatgerm, which is rich in folic acid and Vitamin E. It has a very mild slightly nutty flavour which makes it ideal to incorporate into all sorts of bakes including muffins, crumbles, cakes, breads as well as pancakes. (I’ve also used wheatgerm in this healthy banana french toast bake and peanut butter thumbprint cookies).
How to make healthy blueberry pancakes with quark
This is a pretty straightforward recipe and making the batter is a breeze! Start by combining the flour, baking powder and wheatgerm. In another large bowl whisk together the eggs with guark until smooth. Pour in the milk and combine. Then whisk in the flour mixture until well combined. Lastly fold in the blueberries and make the pancakes.
There is no need to use an electric mixer and the pancakes are ready in minutes. Once the batter is ready it is important to cook the pancakes straight away to prevent the blueberries from thawing.
Fry the pancakes over a fairly low heat (so they cook inside without getting brown and crispy too quickly) for about 1.5-2 minutes on each side. Enjoy!
More healthy pancake recipes
If you love homemade pancakes from scratch you may also like these low carb healthy apple pancakes. Another easy pancakes recipe with fruit are these banana yogurt pancakes with no added sugar. Here you will find more healthy Pancake Recipes.
If you make this recipe don’t forget to let me know how it turned out for you! Your feedback is important to me. Thanks!
Check out also this collection of 18 healthy, easy vegetable breakfast recipes.
Healthy Blueberry Pancakes with Quark & Wheatgerm
- 2/3 cup flour a little less than a cup
- 2 heaped tablespoons wheatgerm
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 heaped tablespoons quark
- 1/2 cup semi-skimmed milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Vegetable oil for frying use about 1 tablespoon per batch
- Optional: a little icing sugar for sprinkling or maple syrup for drizzling
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder and wheatgerm. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and quark until smooth, then add the milk and stir. Gradually add the dry mixture using a whisk to create a smooth batter (this takes seconds).
- Fold in the blueberries. Heat up a little oil in a non-stick frying pan, spoon the batter onto the pan and fry over a low-medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side. Yields about 18 pancakes.
Pin Healthy Blueberry Pancakes with Quark & Wheatgerm
Keep in touch
Recipe link parties
I am sharing this easy pancakes recipe with This Is How We Roll Link Party.