This breakfast yogurt parfait with quinoa is a healthy and delicious way to kick start your day. Made with sweet mango, sharp ginger preserve and a dash of cinnamon, it is low in fat, big on protein and flavour!
This 5-ingredient breakfast yogurt parfait can be put together in less than 5 minutes! It is low in fat, satisfying and absolutely delicious. Everything you want from a great breakfast.
What yogurt to use in this breakfast parfait
It's best to use a thick yogurt as runny yogurt will not work well with the layering. So either Greek yogurt (regular or low fat), yogurts with added probiotics, quark or skyr would be good choices.
Although quark and skyr are technically not yogurts but cultured/fermented dairy products they have the consistency and flavour of yogurt. Which makes them perfect to use in this recipe, especially as they are very nutritious.
I don't recommend using flavoured yogurt as it usually contains additional sugar.
How to prep the ingredients
You can cook the quinoa ahead and, once completely cooled, refrigerate for up to 3 days. Quinoa will stay fluffy even after it's been in the fridge for a while, just give it a good stir before you use it.
I don't recommend combining the mango with the ginger preserve ahead as the mixture will become watery. It's best to do this just before serving.
How to make breakfast yogurt parfait with quinoa
This is easy and fun to do. Pick a glass (or jar) that's quite tall rather than short and chunky so you can easily create layers.
Start with about 2 tablespoons of the quinoa followed by a layer of mango and ginger jam mixture. Top that with 2-3 tablespoons of the yogurt, cover with more quinoa and so on until you reach the top.
You could combine the cinnamon with either the quinoa or yogurt before making your layers. Or add a bit to both. It's up to you.
How can I adapt this recipe
The amounts I used in this recipe are recommendations only so adjust them to suit your preference. You could also replace the ginger preserve with lemon curd or marmalade for example. You could use more cinnamon if you prefer, rather than just a hint as I have done. Sprinkle some toasted seeds or crushed nuts over the top of your parfait or even in between the layers. Play around with the ingredients to suit your taste.
More easy yogurt breakfast recipes
- Overnight Quinoa with Banana
- How to Make Flavoured Yogurt 3 Ways (Mocha, Raspberry, Prune)
- Healthy Banana Yogurt Pancakes
- Healthy Homemade Muesli Recipe
- Check out also this collection of 18 healthy, easy vegetable breakfast recipes.
Breakfast Yogurt Parfait (Quinoa, Mango & Ginger)
- 10 tbsp plain yogurt, Greek yogurt, quark, Skyr, other thick yogurt
- 8- 9 tbsp cooked quinoa
- 1.5 cup ripe but firm mango, peeled, cubed
- 2.5-3 tbsp ginger preserve/jam
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon use more if you like
- Combine the cubed mango with the ginger preserve and stir thoroughly.
- Combine the cinnamon with either the yogurt or quinoa. Stir thoroughly.
- Use a tall glass/jar to make the parfait. Use 2-3 tablespoons of the quinoa, top with the mango mixture, then 2-3 tablespoons of the yogurt. Repeat the sequence. Enjoy!
*Nutritional information is automatically generated and should be considered as an estimate.
Pin Breakfast Yogurt Parfait (Quinoa, Mango & Ginger)
Keep in touch!
Recipes link parties
I am bringing this healthy breakfast yogurt parfait to #CookBlogShare, hosted this week by Apply to Face Blog.