These Caribbean inspired healthy turkey quinoa patties are the perfect party food idea – easy to make, delicious and great for sharing! They come with a sweet and zesty delicious peach zucchini slaw.
This healthy turkey quinoa patties recipe includes 2 separate parts: the patties and the slaw. They can be served either together or separately, as well as alongside other dishes. Which makes them ideal to bring to a party.
Easy turkey quinoa patties
Both the patties as well as the slaw are very easy to make and do not require too many ingredients. For the patties, I strongly recommend cooking the quinoa ahead (once it’s cooled pop it in the fridge until you are ready to use it). It will save you time and will literally take minutes to throw all the ingredients together and form the patties. (You may like to read my tips for making homemade breadcrumbs).
Spiralized zucchini and peach slaw
Making the slaw is a breeze – not only is spiralizing quicker than chopping (that’s always been my experience) but it also makes this simple slaw look gorgeous! I’ve added a mixture of peas and beans to my slaw to give it more substance as well as more of a Caribbean character.
Prepare the dressing first. It is super simple and won’t take more than 5 minutes to make. You can make it ahead and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble the salad.
Pour half of the dressing into your peas and beans mixture, stir and set aside.
Then spiralize the zucchini and peach, add the peas and beans mixture, scatter the green onions and pour over the rest of the dressing. Serve with hot turkey quinoa patties.
If you are into spiralizing you may also like my recipe round up including 15+ Easy Spiralizer Recipes.
More turkey bites recipes:
Keep in touch!
Turkey Quinoa Patties with Peach Zucchini Slaw
- For the Patties:
- 450 g turkey mince
- 1 cup cooked quinoa chilled
- 3 teaspoons Dunn's River Hot Curry Powder*
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Sea salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons breadcrumbs for coating
- Olive oil for frying
- For the Slaw:
- 1 x400g Dunn's River Peas & Beans* drained, rinsed under cold water
- 2 large peaches ripe but firm, halved, deseeded, spiralized
- 1 medium zucchini spiralized
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- For the Salad Dressing:
- 1 and 1/3 tablespoon Encona Hot Pepper Sauce*
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil I used cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine all the Salad Dressing ingredients, add half of the dressing to the peas/beans and mix together well. Set aside.
- Combine all the Patties ingredients, mix well (use the back of a spoon to do this) and form small patties approx. 2 cm thick (the mixture won't stick to your hands if you sprinkle a little water on them) . Coat the patties in the breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- To make the Slaw, combine the peach and zucchini, add the bean mixture, drizzle with the rest of the dressing and scatter the onion over the top. Set aside.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the patties over a medium/low heat for about 4 minutes on each side (add a little more oil if necessary after you've turned them over). Serve hot with a good helping of the slaw.
Recipe link parties
I am sharing these healthy turkey patties with quinoa recipe with Recipe of the Week. Also sharing with Fiesta Friday, co-hosted this week by Colleen @ Faith, Hope, Love & Luck and Alex @ Turks Who Eat.
Caribbean Food Week
This healthy turkey patties recipe was inspired by the Caribbean Food Week, #CFW2017 (August 21-28) organised by Grace Foods, who have kindly sent me a hamper of goodies, including delicious Caribbean sauces, spices and drinks.
The ingredients (included in the hamper I received from Grace Foods) I chose to use in my recipe are marked with ‘*’.
**I did not receive any payment for this post. All opinions are my own.
If you would like more information about Grace Foods or Caribbean Food Week here are some useful links: