This vegetarian Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers recipe with a Mediterranean twist contains feta cheese, oregano, garlic and olive oil. It’s a quick and delicious low carb side dish that’s great for everyday, but also works well as an appetizer/party food idea.
Cauliflower rice is a super versatile ingredient and today I am sharing an easy, healthy and delicious recipe for Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers with Feta. This low carb vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe comes together in under an hour. It is not very labour intensive, does not require much chopping and the filling takes about 5 minutes to make!
How to make cauliflower rice filling
Start by making the cauliflower rice. Simply blitz chopped cauliflower in your blender and blitz until the mixture is crumbly. The only potentially ‘tricky’ bit is overblending the mixture and turning it into mush so blitz briefly. Also, if your blender is quite small work in batches to ensure the mixture gets blended evenly.
Next, in a small bowl combine the oil, minced garlic, oregano and onion granules and stir. Pour this mixture over the cauliflower rice, add the cheddar, crumbled feta (reserve a bit of the feta for sprinkling on top), pepper to taste and stir thoroughly.
How to store cauliflower rice
The great thing about cauliflower rice is that you can make it ahead and keep refrigerated (for up to 2 days) until you are ready to make the recipe. Store it in a plastic bag or air tight container.
How to prepare the peppers
Cut the peppers in half from the top and remove the seeds. Peppers cut this way are very easy to stuff plus nothing gets wasted. Bake the peppers for 20 minutes to soften them a little before filling with the cauliflower mixture.
I used red bell peppers (I chose them for their sweetness) in this cauliflower rice recipe but you can use any bell peppers.
Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your peppers and personal preference. Cook them a little longer if you want them nicely browned on the top.
Ingredients for cauliflower rice stuffed peppers
These stuffed peppers don’t need any salt as feta is very salty. Just add black pepper to taste.
More cauliflower rice recipes
More stuffed peppers recipes
Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers with Feta (Vegetarian)
- 4 medium red bell peppers, cut in half from the top, deseeded
- 400 g cauliflower, florets and stalk, roughly chopped
- 200 g feta cheese, chopped or crumbled
- 50 g mature cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190 C/ gas mark 5. Place the peppers, open side up, on a large baking sheet lined with non-stick paper. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside (keep the oven on).
- Whilst the peppers are in the oven prepare the filling. Start by combining the oil, garlic, onion granules and oregano. Stir well and set aside.
- Blitz the cauliflower until crumbly. In a large bowl combine with the cheddar, crumbled feta (leave a few spoonfuls to sprinkle on top of each pepper), oil mixture, season with pepper and stir thoroughly. Add the juices from the peppers and stir. Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves, sprinkle remaining feta on top, drizzle with a little oil and bake for 20-25 minutes until nicely browned. Remove from the oven and serve.
Pin Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers with Feta