Sweet potato egg cups with cauliflower are packed full of protein and veggie goodness. Low in fat, they are made using raw vegetables. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or as a healthy snack anytime!
These simple sweet potato egg muffins with cauliflower tick so many boxes for me. They are nutritious, easy to make and super tasty!
First of all, there is not one but two vegetables in this frittata muffin recipe. I used raw sweet potato as well as cauliflower in these muffins.
Sweet potato egg cups using raw vegetables
Using raw ingredients saves time as they don’t need much prepping. It also prevents the vegetables from becoming too soft after 20 minutes in the oven. They are cooked but retain a lovely texture. There is no need to cook, boil or broil anything! So all you need to do is a bit of grating and chopping and then simply combining all the ingredients!
How to make sweet potato cauliflower egg cups
Once you have grated the sweet potato and chopped the cauliflower combine these with most of the grated cheese and set aside. Season and beat together the eggs and milk, then pour in the vegetable mixture. Stir thoroughly and spoon the batter into the muffin pan. Then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the muffins and bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes.
You might also like these nutritious, simple cauliflower muffins, which are also made using raw cauliflower.
Healthy sweet potato breakfast muffins – frittata muffins
By definition oven baked frittata muffins are healthier than traditional frittatas, prepared in a frying pan.
These healthy breakfast muffins are low in fat as they are baked rather than fried. You will only need a little bit of oil (about a teaspoon) for greasing the muffin tin. Or use cooking spray instead if you prefer.
These cauliflower breakfast cups are brimming with nutritious ingredients. They are full of healthy protein, veggie goodness and above all, lots of delicious flavour!
Last but not least, they make a fantastic healthy snack or picnic food idea. In addition to being a great breakfast/brunch option.
Have I mentioned they are gluten free too?
Sweet potato egg cups freeze well. Store them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost and reheat in a microwave. Enjoy these cauliflower egg cups either hot or cold.
More savoury muffin recipes
If you like this recipe you may also like these Asparagus Halloumi Potato Muffin Frittatas I made a while ago. They are equally easy to make and perfect for this time of year when asparagus is at its most delicious seasonal best! Have you tried my Leek and Cornmeal Muffins? And for a seriously savoury muffin recipe check out these Beetroot Cornmeal Muffins with Green Olives.
Check out also this collection of 18 healthy, easy vegetable breakfast recipes!
Sweet Potato Egg Muffins with Cauliflower
- 6 large eggs
- 70 ml semi-skimmed milk low fat
- 150 g sweet potato peeled, coarsely grated
- 130 g cauliflower finely chopped or blitzed for a few seconds until crumbly
- 120 g cheddar cheese coarsely grated
- 1/3 teaspoon fine sea salt and pepper to taste
- Non-stick spray or a bit of oil for greasing the muffin pan about 1 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190 C/ gas mark 5. Grease a 10-hole muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs and milk, season and beat together for about a minute. Pour in the vegetable mixture and stir well to combine. Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into the muffin pan (you should have 10 muffins), sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of each muffin and bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, leave in the tin for 5 minutes then take the muffins out (I used a spatula to do that) and serve immediately or place on a cooling rack for a few minutes before serving.
Pin Sweet Potato Egg Cups with Cauliflower!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
RECIPE LINK PARTIES
I am also bringing this sweet potato egg muffins recipe to #CookBlogShare. Also sharing with Cook Once Eat Twice, Recipe of the Week, Free From Fridays. Fiesta Friday, co-hosted by Mollie @ The Frugal Hausfrau and Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook.
I am bringing these healthy egg muffins to Recipe ReDux. This month’s theme is picnic recipe ideas.