These Healthy Deviled Eggs with Black Olives come together in about 10 minutes and make a fantastic appetizer, perfect for any occasion.
These Healthy Deviled Eggs with Black Olives have a rich and creamy consistency and deliciously tangy savoury flavour. Ready in only about 10 minutes, they make a gorgeous appetizer.
The first food that comes to mind when I think of Easter is eggs. I eat eggs several times a week in various forms requiring minimal preparation (mostly soft boiled, poached or scrambled). Easter, however, is only once a year and as eggs are the star of my Easter table I like to give them more attention.
This year I am going to decorate my Easter table with these low-fat Healthy Devilled Eggs with Black Olives. They come with a colourful spring garnish of fresh radish and chives.
How to make easy deviled eggs
Deviled eggs are one of the easiest appetizers I know! They are extremely versatile and can be made using a huge range of ingredients and flavour combinations.
All devilled eggs recipes require hard boiled eggs. Simply peel and cut the eggs in half, remove the yolks, combine them with your ingredients and stuff the empty egg halves with the mixture.
You may want to check out my easy tutorial on How To Make Devilled Eggs. There is a recipe too!
If you are hosting a party and need quick and easy appetizer that will look great and taste delicious why not try making deviled eggs!
Low fat easy devilled eggs
Devilled eggs are not only a delicious but also healthy appetizer if you use the right ingredients. For example, instead of using mayonnaise you can opt for Greek yogurt. Alternatively use a bit of both. In this recipe I also used black olives, radishes and chives, which add goodness as well as a bit of crunch.
More easy deviled eggs recipes
Healthy Deviled Eggs with Black Olives
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 80 g pitted drained black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt/Skyr/mayo
- 4 fresh radishes finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mayonnaise to hold the eggs in place see instructions and olive oil for drizzling (optional)
- Cut the eggs in half and take out the yolks. Combine the yolks with the mustard, yogurt and olives, add some pepper and puree until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the egg halves (about 1 tablespoon for every egg half).
- Dot small amounts of the mayonnaise (about half a teaspoon) around a large plate and place the eggs on top to prevent them from slipping. Garnish with the radish (cut into thin sticks) and chives, season, drizzle with a little olive oil and serve.
Pin Healthy Deviled Eggs with Black Olives!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
RECIPE LINK PARTIES
I am bringing this Healthy Easy Deviled Eggs with Black Olives recipe to #CookBlogShare, which I have the pleasure of hosting this week. If you’ve got a recipe link it up and share with the rest of the blogging community. If you are looking for delicious recipes and last minute Easter recipe ideas hop over and check out the collection!