This delicious, refreshing cantaloupe fruit salad with mozzarella and cucumber is super quick and fun to make and comes together in minutes. It makes a great addition to a summer BBQ!
I am celebrating the first day of summer with this colourful and zesty cantaloupe fruit salad. This refreshing salad a mixture of fruit and veg, something I have been experimenting with a lot lately.
Fruit and veg in one dish is more than just a salad, to me it’s really a ‘salad meets dessert’ kind of dish. As it is quite sweet chances are it will take care of your sugar cravings! Which is great if you are watching your diet and trying to stay away from ‘proper’ desserts.
This easy salad is sweet, zingy and refreshing and absolutely perfect served at a summer barbecue. I used a melon baller to create equal sized ball shapes of the fruit and veg. This is so much more fun to do than the usual chopping and slicing! The melon baller is also quite easy to use. There is no need to peel the ingredients. Simply cut in half, remove the seeds if there are any, and scoop out the pulp.
Having said that it’s absolutely fine to chop the ingredients into chunks if you prefer. Just ensure they are roughly the same size as the mini mozzarellas.
Make the cantaloupe salad ahead
You can chill this fruit salad (covered), without the dressing, for about 30 minutes and add the dressing just before serving.
What other fruit can I use
This salad recipe is not only easy it is also quite flexible! For example, you can use different varieties of melon, such as honeydew, galia or watermelon, in addition to the cantaloupe. You could also use persimmon if available.
More fruit-and-veg salad recipes
- Chickpea Avocado Grapefruit Salad with Maple Syrup
- Broccolini Salad with Quinoa & Papaya
- Roasted Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad with Pomegranate
Check out also my collection of 15+ easy vegan salads!
Cantaloupe Fruit Salad with Mozzarella
- 1/2 cantaloupe seeds removed
- 150 g mozzarella pearls
- 1 avocado
- 1 papaya halved, seeds removed
- A piece of cucumber about 20 cm long
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons good vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- Do not peel the fruit and vegetables. Using a melon baller scoop out sphere shaped pieces of the fruit and vegetables. You should have a more or less equal amount of each ingredient. Combine, drizzle with the dressing, season and serve.
Pin Cantaloupe Fruit Salad with Mozzarella
Keep in touch
Recipe link parties
I am bringing this cantaloupe fruit salad recipe to What’s For Dinner Sunday Linkup.