This sweet and tangy blueberry salad with spiralised zucchini and feta is a deliciously refreshing light and colourful summer dish. It's incredibly easy to make and comes together in minutes.
You might also like cantaloupe salad with blueberries and avocado.
This blueberry salad is a delicious way of enjoying blueberries in a savoury recipe. Blueberries have a delicious, subtle sweetness that goes really well with savoury ingredients, such as feta cheese, for example.
This blueberry salad comes with a simple, refreshing lemon-and-mint dressing.
I served this salad on a bed of spiralised zucchini, which is light, delicate and infused with the flavours of the zesty dressing. For me spiralizing vegetables always adds an interesting and fun dimension to a dish. This salad really wouldn't be the same if I chose to chop the zucchini.
Blueberry salad ingredients and substitutions
- Fresh blueberries.
- Feta. Use vegan equivalent to enjoy this recipe vegan.
- Walnuts: I used walnuts but you could use any nuts you like. You could also toast them lightly before scattering over the salad.
- Herbs: I chose to add mint into the dressing but you could swap that for fresh basil or thyme if you prefer.
- Zucchini: You could sub the zucchini for fresh baby spinach.
- Maple syrup: Use honey or agave syrup if you prefer.
Step-by-step recipe instructions
1.Prepare the dressing by combining the oil with the lemon juice, mint leaves and maple syrup.
2. Spiralize the zucchini.
3. Finish off by scattering the blueberries, feta and walnuts over the zoodles and drizzling with the dressing. Season to taste and tuck in!
This blueberry salad makes a lovely addition to a summer party menu. It's versatile so you can serve it with grilled chicken, kebabs as well as grilled vegetables. Delicious with garlic bread, flatbread or pizza.
- The dressing is very quick and simple but you could speed things up even more if you make the dressing ahead. Cover and refrigerate it (overnight) until you are ready to make the recipe.
- You can spiralize the zucchini a few hours ahead and refrigerate in an airtight container.
- You can chop up the spiralised zucchini a little before assembling the recipe (optional).
- It's best to serve this blueberry salad immediately.
- Lemon Blueberry Vinaigrette (No Blender)
- Pesto Zoodles Salad Recipe
- Strawberry and Spinach Salad with Mozzarella
- Grapefruit Avocado Chickpea Salad
You might also like these other delicious salad recipe ideas!
Keep in touch!
If you've made this blueberry zucchini salad I'd love to know how it turned out for you. Let me know in the comments below, thanks!
Blueberry Salad with Feta and Walnuts
- 1 cup (140 g) fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese crumbled
- 8 walnuts chopped
- 1 large zucchini spiralized
- Fine sea salt and pepper to taste
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice plus zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Prepare the dressing by combining the oil, lemon juice and zest, mint and maple syrup. Stir well and refrigerate.
- Place the spiralized zucchini on top of a large plate/bowl, scatter the blueberries, crumbled feta and walnuts, drizzle the dressing over the whole thing, season to taste and serve!
- The dressing is very simple but you could speed things up even more if you make the dressing ahead. Cover and refrigerate it (overnight) until you are ready to make the recipe.
- Nuts: I used walnuts but you could use any nuts you like. You could also toast them lightly before scattering over the salad.
- Herbs: I chose to add mint into the dressing but you could swap that for fresh basil, thyme or oregano if you prefer.
- Use either maple syrup, agave syrup or honey in the dressing.
- Best served immediately.
*Nutritional information is automatically generated and should be considered as an estimate.
**A note about baking: If using a fan-assisted oven refer to your appliance's instructions and adjust the temperature accordingly.