This dairy free, whole wheat banana pear bread with ginger is packed full of goodness and flavour. Enjoy for breakfast/brunch or as a healthy snack anytime!
This healthy banana pear bread is deliciously moist, fruity, with a bit of spice and super easy to make.
Make the fruit mixture in advance
This easy healthy banana bread doesn’t take very long to make but you can reduce preparation time even further by making the fruit mixture ahead. (Refrigerate it, covered, for up to several hours, until you are ready to make the recipe). Then all that’s left to do is combine it with the other ingredients and pop the whole thing in the oven.
How to make banana pear bread
Once you’ve made your fruit mixture you are about 5 minutes away from completing the recipe. Whisk together the eggs until smooth, add the fruit mixture (once cooled) and whisk until well combines. Then add in the dry ingredients and stir until they are no longer visible. Then simply pour in the batter into your loaf tin and bake for 1 hour.
Whole wheat banana pear bread recipe
This bread is light and fluffy and the wholemeal flour adds flavour and depth plain flour never could. In addition to the whole wheat flour I also used a bit of ground almonds for added flavour and lighter, fluffier texture.
What about the sugar
This moist ginger banana bread recipe does not contain any refined sugar or white flour. Most of the ingredients in this recipe are naturally sweet. In addition to the pear and banana, other ‘sweet’ ingredients include nutty ground almonds as well as coconut oil. I only used 2 tablespoons of honey in the batter so this banana ginger bread is moderately sweet.
Can you freeze this dairy free banana bread?
You can easily freeze this banana bread. I like to freeze individual slices so I can have a healthy, delicious snack anytime I want!
More healthy banana bread recipes
If you like this healthy banana bread you might also like this Quinoa Banana Bread (Dairy Free). This recipe uses ripe bananas as well as banana chips! Check out also this Whole Wheat Banana Bread Recipe with Sea Salt. Both make fantastic healthy snacks and easy lunchbox ideas.
If you make this dairy free banana bread please come back and let me know how it turned out in the comments section below. Your feedback is very important to me! Thanks:)
Banana Pear Bread with Ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 large pear peeled, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 ripe banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup strong wholemeal bread flour
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a saucepan combine the ginger, pear, banana, honey and coconut oil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 180 C/ gas mark 4. lightly grease and line a 23 x 13 cm loaf tin with non-stick paper and set aside.
- Combine the flour, ground almonds and baking powder and stir thoroughly. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, add the fruit mixture (once cooled) and stir well to combine. Add the dry ingredients and stir well. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 1 hour.
Pin Banana Pear Bread with Ginger recipe!