Serve this simple grilled asparagus salad with fresh strawberries and mozzarella with a drizzle of easy balsamic dressing with mint. It makes a deliciously refreshing light lunch.
You can never have too much asparagus when it’s in season (we have about 3 weeks of it left here in the UK) and today I am sharing a truly summery recipe – grilled asparagus salad with strawberries and mozzarella.
How to grill asparagus
Asparagus can be prepared in several ways, including steaming, roasting and frying, but for this recipe I’ve chosen to grill it using a griddle pan. Grilled asparagus is delicious and ready in only about 6 minutes. (You can use this time to prepare the other ingredients for this salad).
To prepare the asparagus snap off the woody ends (usually about 3 cm long) first. Place the asparagus tips in large bowl, season and drizzle over a bit of oil (1-2 tablespoons), then give a little shake to coat evenly. Toss the asparagus onto a preheated griddle pan, lower the heat (so it doesn’t brown too quickly) and cook for about 6 minutes stirring occasionally. You can add it to your salad straight from the griddle pan or wait for it too cool first.
The entire salad takes approximately 10-12 minutes from start to finish.
Is this grilled asparagus salad adaptable
Yes, very much so! For example, you can use more mint if you like (I used a moderate amount) or add another herb, such as basil. When it comes to making the simple balsamic dressing either honey or maple syrup are fine to use. The choice of salad leaves is also up to you. Just use your favourite.
Can I use ordinary mozzarella
The reason I used mini mozzarellas as opposed to adding chunks of mozzarella is that they just look so pretty in this asparagus strawberry salad! But if you can’t find them just chop up mozzarella into chunks (use buffalo mozzarella if you like) and scatter generously over the salad.
More asparagus recipes
Grilled Asparagus Salad with Strawberries & Mozzarella
- 250 g asparagus roughly chopped or left whole
- 250 g strawberries halved or quartered
- 120 g mini mozzarellas drained weight
- 3 tablespoons mint finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper for coating the asparagus tips
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus a little more for coating the asparagus I used rapeseed, plus a little more for grilling the asparagus
- 1.5 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- Serve on a bed of lettuce
- Combine the dressing ingredients, stir and set aside.
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus tips (usually about 2-3 cm long), place the asparagus in a bowl, season and add 1-2 tablespoons of oil. Give a little shake to coat evenly.
- Heat up a griddle pan. Add the asparagus tips, lower the heat and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whilst the asparagus is cooking assemble the salad. Scatter the strawberries and mozzarellas over the salad leaves. Then add the grilled asparagus tips (straight from the griddle or cooled), drizzle over the dressing and serve!
Pin Grilled Asparagus Salad with Strawberries & Mozzarella
Keep in touch
Recipe link parties
I am sharing this grilled asparagus salad with strawberries recipe with #CookBlogShare hosted this week by Kirsty at Hijacked By Twins.