This Grilled Chicken with Redcurrant Gravy is a super speedy (ready in about 20 minutes!), healthy recipe, zesty, fruity, delicious and filled with summer sun!
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH REDCURRANT GRAVY
This is another simple summer recipe using seasonal fruit (I’ve made several in the last couple of months). This time it’s redcurrants. I recently got a punnet of redcurrants from a friend and I must admit it was a while before I figured out how best to make use of them.
My initial thoughts gravitated towards jam but we aren’t all too keen on jam. So the redcurrants ended up in the fridge forgotten for a few days.
As I was trying to think of a new and exciting way to cook chicken the other day I opened the fridge for inspiration and saw the redcurrants. I knew immediately the chicken needed a redcurrant gravy! I really like to combine white meat with fruit (see my apricot chicken recipe) and thought a tangy redcurrant gravy was just the thing for my chicken.
The gravy is very quick and easy to make, contains only 4 ingredients and goes really well with the chicken. You could puree the sauce for a smooth finish if you like; I prefer a more rustic dish with the little slightly cooked redcurrants floating in the silky gravy.
To serve, place the chicken pieces onto a bed of arugula and beans, pour the gravy generously over the whole thing and enjoy!
You may also like these other easy, delicious Chicken Recipe ideas.
If you make this recipe I’d love to know how it turned out so please drop me a quick comment below, thanks! Your feedback is important to me!
I am bringing my Grilled Chicken with Redcurrant Gravy recipe to Tasty Tuesdays.
Grilled Chicken with Redcurrant Gravy
- 3 medium chicken breasts sliced into 3 strips each
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 120 g redcurrants
- 1 and 1/3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flageolet beans presoaked and cooked or from a can
- 2 handfuls arugula about 60 g, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice for drizzling
- Coat the chicken pieces with 2 tablespoons of oil, season and set aside.
- To make the gravy place the redcurrants, honey, butter and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan, bring to boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes stirring often. Set aside.
- Combine the beans, arugula and 1 tablespoon of oil, season, drizzle with a little lemon juice and stir well.
- Cook the chicken in a griddle pan (medium heat) for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- To serve place the chicken on a bed of arugula and beans, drizzle with the gravy (and a bit more olive oil if you like) and enjoy!
If you Like It why not Pin It! Thanks:)