This easy vegan Grilled Corn Salsa with Peppers made using grilled corn on the cob is a nutritious and tasty salad, perfect for sharing!
Grilled Corn Salsa with Peppers is a delicious way to enjoy seasonal corn on the cob. It’s full of zest and refreshing flavours, perfect for a Mexican style party.
Corn on the cob is a very popular vegetable at my house. It is sweet, full of flavour and tastes delicious steamed or lightly grilled with a little butter. Now is the time to enjoy it (and we have been!) as it’s finally in season! Because it cooks quickly and tastes so delicious I thought it might be nice to create an easy practical dish which featured this wonderful autumn vegetable. So I made this quick and easy grilled corn salad.
Prepping the corn
Tinned corn is fine added to salads and other dishes throughout the year. But it really cannot compete with fresh, lightly grilled sweet and juicy corn on the cob. Save your cans of sweetcorn for later and make the most of fresh corn while it’s in season!
Grill the corn in a griddle pan or on a barbecue for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned, turning often. Set aside to cool.
Slicing the kernels off the cob is easy to do and doesn’t take much longer than opening a can of sweetcorn and draining off the water. Simply stand the corn on a large plate or cutting board and cut the kernels off slicing downwards all the way around the corn.
More Mexican inspired recipes
If you like this grilled corn salad recipe you may also like this stuffed avocado with salsa and beans. It’s a delicious and gorgeous looking appetizer! Also check out this Mexican black beans stew. Both are vegan, full of goodness and taste and super easy to make.
This corn salad is not only easy to make and delicious it is gluten free, dairy free as well as vegan so more people can enjoy it. So this recipe makes a great party dish that’s also healthy!
If you make this grilled corn recipe let me know how it turned out in the comments section below. Thanks!
Check out also this collection of 15+ easy vegan salads for even more salad inspiration!
Grilled Corn Salsa with Peppers
- 2 corn on the cob
- 2 large peppers red and green, deseeded and cut into thick pieces
- 1.5 or 2 small green chillies without the seeds, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- Small cilantro bunch finely chopped (about 5 tablespoons)
- 1 lime - juice and zest
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus a bit more for brushing the corn
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Brush the corn lightly with oil and grill in a griddle pan on a medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning often. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Place the peppers in the griddle pan and quickly brown for a couple of minutes turning often. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- While the vegetables are cooling make the dressing by combining the oil, garlic and lime juice and zest. Stir and set aside.
- Place the corn vertically on a cutting board and remove the kernels by slicing downwards all the way around (using a sharp knife). Place the kernels in a bowl.
- Finely chop the grilled peppers and combine with the corn kernels. Add the cilantro, onion, chillies, season to taste and stir thoroughly. Stir and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Pour in the dressing before serving.
Pin Grilled Corn Salsa with Peppers!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
RECIPE LINK PARTIES
I am bringing my Grilled Corn Salsa with Peppers recipe to Simple and in Season.