Make the best of the BBQ season with this easy, delicious grilled pineapple salad with zucchini. Zesty and refreshing, it’s also gluten free and suitable for vegans!
This simple grilled pineapple salad with zucchini is a fantastic dish to make for a summer party. It’s super easy to make, colourful and delicious!
When it comes to grilling possibilities are endless. You can grill not just meats but also bread, fruit and veggies and lots more. Whether al fresco or simply using a griddle pan, grilling adds depth and richness of flavour other cooking methods simply cannot produce. Grilled food just tastes so good!
How to prep the pineapple and zucchini
I chose to cut the pineapple into long strips as they don’t take up much space in the griddle pan. To prepare the pineapple, cut off the ends and place it on one end on top of a cutting board. Using a sharp knife slice the skin off downwards all the way around. Then cut the pineapple into long strips slicing downwards, avoiding the tough middle bit. If some of your strips are too thick simply cut them in half.
To prepare the zucchinis just cut each lengthways into 4 long strips.
How to grill the pineapple and zucchini
You could either do it al fresco or in a griddle pan. I used a griddle pan as it was quicker.
Start by heating up your griddle pan. Brush the zucchini strips with a little oil and grill for 3-4 minutes turning a few times. Use a fairy high heat to make sure the zucchinis have nice brown markings and don’t release too much water. Excess moisture can be removed by placing them in a strainer for a couple of minutes.
Repeat these steps with the pineapple.
How to make the easy balsamic dressing
Quickly fry the garlic with a little oil, taking cake not to allow it to brown too much. Then in a bowl combine with the rest of the oil and balsamic vinegar. You could either drizzle it over this grilled pineapple salad straight away or refrigerate to use later.
What goes well with grilled pineapple salad
You could chop the pineapple and zucchini into chunks after you’ve grilled them or serve them as they are, with a drizzle of the balsamic dressing. This salad is equally delicious cold as well as hot.
This sweet, tangy grilled pineapple salad goes really well with a variety of meats. It’s delicious with healthy chicken kebabs or easy pulled chicken recipe. This zucchini salad is also fantastic with fish recipes, such as healthy salmon fish cakes and pistachio crusted fish. It can also be turned into a simple vegetarian meal (served hot or cold) by combining it with quinoa or couscous. Try serving it with sliced Italian mozzarella!
More grilled pineapple recipes
Grilled Pineapple Zucchini Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- 2 zucchinis cut lengthways into 4 strips (each)
- 1 pineapple sliced, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for coating the pineapple and zucchini
- 1.5 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a griddle pan, brush the zucchinis with a little oil and grill for 3-4 minutes over a medium/high heat turning them over a few times. Transfer into a strainer and leave for a few minutes until the excess water has drained (this may not be necessary if you haven't grilled the zucchinis for too long). Chop into chunks (optional) and set aside.
- Brush the pineapple slices with a little oil and grill in a griddle pan for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside for several minutes and drain off excess water (if necessary). Chop the pineapple (optional).
- Fry the garlic for a couple of minutes using 1 tablespoon of oil, not allowing it to brown. Transfer into a bowl, add the oil and balsamic vinegar. Combine the zucchini and pineapple, drizzle over the dressing, add the basil, season and serve!
Pin Grilled Pineapple Zucchini Salad with Balsamic Dressing
Keep in touch!
Recipe link parties
I am bringing this grilled pineapple salad recipe to What’s For Dinner? Sunday Link Up.