In this post I will show you How To Make Spiralized Vegetable Soup. Nutritious, gluten free and vegan, it takes only about 10 minutes to cook!
Zucchinis (courgettes) disappeared from the shops for a good few weeks (consequence of adverse wheather conditions in Spain, apparently) but now they are back! and I am very excited to share this post on How to Make Spiralized Vegetable Noodle Soup.
When it comes to spiralizing vegetables zucchinis are a great choice. They make a tasty and pretty alternative to ordinary pasta. With the added bonus of being naturally low carb and gluten free! In this recipe I decided to add a few other spiralized vegetables for extra flavour, colour and texture – carrot, potato and celery root.
How to make easy spiralized vegetable soup
This soup is different from other soup recipes not only because it is made almost exclusively using spiralized vegetables (with the exception of the onion) but also because it cooks in only about 10 minutes. Spiralized vegetables in general cook very quickly, which makes them a super convenient ingredient. A good example is my Skinny Zoodle Alfredo, which comes together in only about 10 minutes!
To make this spiralized soup briefly fry the veggie spaghetti with the oil and spices, then add the hot water, bring the soup to a boil and simmer for only a few minutes. This is sufficient time for all the flavours to come together in a delicious broth while the vegetables remain firm (but aren’t raw).
This vegetable noodle soup is almost as quick to prepare as instant pot noodles, but so much healthier and tastier!
Can you adapt this recipe?
Yes, you can! This soup is vegan but you could serve it with a knob of butter or grated parmesan if you like. You can also replace the dill or parsley with your favourite herbs. Vegetables taste great with virtually all herbs so the choice is yours.
Great soup for fussy eaters
Another huge advantage of using spiralized vegetables in a soup is that it is just more fun to eat, which can make a big difference if you have fussy children. Veggie noodles are likely to be more appealing than vegetable soup with ‘bits’ in it!
Another soup recipe where I’ve used veggie spaghetti is this Healthy Chicken Noodle Soup with Zoodles. This recipe uses a combination of wheat vermicelli and zucchini noodles. So it’s filling but also healthier than traditional chicken noodle soup.
More spiralized vegetable recipes
How To Make Spiralized Vegetable Noodle Soup
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 large courgette zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- Celery root piece the size of a medium potato
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 litre hot water
- 1 heaped teaspoon salt and plenty of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each sweet and smoked paprika
- Fresh dill and/or parsley for garnish
- Peel and spiralize the carrot and celery root and place in a bowl. Spiralize the courgette. Peel and spiralize the potatoes, rinse in cold water and drain well (use paper towel to remove excess moisture if necessary). Place all in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large pot heat up the oil, lower the heat and fry the onion for about 3 minutes stirring often. Add the salt, pepper and paprika and stir.
- Add the spiralized vegetables and continue cooking for 3 more minutes, stirring all the time.
- Pour in the hot water, cover and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the herbs, adjust the seasoning and serve (serving suggestions include a knob of butter or a bit of grated parmesan)
Pin How to Make Spiralized Vegetable Soup!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
RECIPE LINK PARTIES
I am sharing How to Make Spiralized Vegetable Soup with Meat Free Mondays, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday.Also sharing with Fiesta Friday (this week’s co-hosts are Indian Curry Shack and La Petite Casserole). I am also bringing it to Saucy Saturdays (the hosts are Take Two Tapas, Mid-Life Croissant, The Flavor Bender and La Petit Chef).