This no-bake, healthy key lime avocado cheesecake pie is an easy, delicious make ahead dessert that’s perfect for entertaining. It’s gluten free, has a 4-ingredient nutty base and the added goodness of avocado.
This no-bake key lime avocado cheesecake pie is ideal if you love cheesecake but not necessarily all the calories that usually come with it. Although I didn’t use any cream this dessert has a lovely rich and creamy texture. This is thanks to the combination of cream cheese and mozzarella soft cheese (the kind that’s used to make caprese salad).
As well as the addition of the avocado!
But the avocado does more than help create a super creamy, velvety dessert! It also adds goodness and a nice light green tint, which I think is really fitting in a lime dessert recipe!
For me cheesecake is a special occasion, rather than an everyday kind of dessert. It tends to be rich, high in both fat and sugar but who can resist a slice of creamy, velvety cheesecake every once in a while?
The good news is that cheesecake can be rich and creamy without being too calorific!
How to make gluten free base for key lime avocado pie
There are 2 parts to this easy cheesecake pie recipe. One involves making the 4-ingredient almond base. The base is made using blanched, toasted and then blitzed almonds. I’ve also added some to the filling mixture for extra sweetness and bulk (see my Instructions).
Blitz the toasted almonds until crumbly, then using a spoon combine with the honey, butter and cacao (or cocoa). Press into the bottom of your pie dish and set aside.
How to make the filling for avocado key lime cheesecake pie
Once you’ve got the base prepare the cheese filling. Combine all the filling ingredients (not the lime zest) and puree until smooth. Stir in the lime zest and pour the mixture into your pie dish. Spread evenly and refrigerate the pie for at least 4 hours before serving.
This key lime cheesecake recipe uses not just the juice of limes but also the pulp. (See my Instructions below on how to remove the skin from the lime). Using only the juice would make the filling too runny and, besides, there is less waste if you use the entire fruit.
Then all you have to do is press the base mixture into your pie dish, spread the filling over the top, scatter lime zest and refrigerate.
Storing key lime cheesecake pie
If you are pressed for time try to refrigerate this key lime cheesecake pie for at least 4 hours before serving. Though I think it tastes best the next day. Decorate with more lime zest, or white and dark chocolate shavings if you wish.
If you like this recipe you make also like my Healthy Black Forest Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Tart.
More avocado dessert recipes
Check out also this collection of 27 everyday healthy cacao recipes.
I used my fantastic Optimum VAC2 Air Vacuum Blender to make this avocado lime cheesecake pie recipe. It took 10 seconds to blitz the almonds and I also used this blender to make the filling. Once again my blender did not disappoint – it produced perfectly crumbly almonds and a velvety smooth filling (all ready within seconds!).
Check out my brief optimum blender review as well as Special Readers Offer at the bottom of this post↓
*This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
Key Lime Avocado Cheesecake Pie
For the Filling:
- 1.5 large limes
- 2 medium/large avocados peeled, seeds removed
- 320 g full fat cream cheese
- 125 g mozzarella full fat soft cheese drained weight, excess water gently squeezed out
- 100 g icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Base:
- 250 g blanched almonds some of it will be added to the filling, see Instructions
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 30 g melted butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao/cocoa powder
Decorate with more lime zest and/or chocolate shavings (white/dark).
- You will need a 23 cm pie dish.
- Toast the almonds in a pan until they start turning a little brown (not too dark). Blitz in a blender until you get a crumbly consistency (almost powdery but not quite). If you are using Optimum VAC2 Air Vacuum Blender 10 seconds at speed 2 should be sufficient. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the limes. Grate the zest of 1 lime and put aside to use later. Using a sharp knife cut off the top and bottom of the limes, then stand the lime on one end and slice the skin off downwards all the way around (ensuring you are also removing the white skin around the fruit).
- In a blender combine all the Filling ingredients (not the lime zest), add 4 tablespoons of the almond mixture and blend until very smooth. Stir in the lime zest and set aside.
- Combine all the base ingredients,stir thoroughly, tip the mixture into your pie dish and press into the bottom using the back of a large spoon spreading the mixture evenly. Pour in the filling spreading evenly, decorate with more lime zest and or dark/white chocolate shavings and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or for best results overnight (cover with cling film or tin foil).
Pin Key Lime Avocado Cheesecake Pie!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
RECIPE LINK PARTIES
I am bringing my healthy key lime cheesecake pie to #CookBlogShare. Also sharing with G2BGF and Fiesta Friday, co-hosted this week by Laurena @ Life Diet Health and Alex @ Turks Who Eat. I am also bringing this healthy cheesecake recipe to Recipe ReDux. This month’s challenge is to share our favourite family recipe for spring celebrations. My Easter menu always includes eggs (such as devilled eggs for example), a fish dish and a cake.
SPECIAL READERS OFFER
At the time of writing this post this fantastic blender can be purchased for a special price of £399.00 (regular price £499.00). Also, you can spread the cost at 0% interest for 6 months. In addition, being a Froothie ambassador I can offer you free P&P. All you have to do is write ‘free ambassador delivery code 5250’ in the comment box. The delivery charge will be credited back onto your account when you place the order. Use this code also when ordering by phone.
You will also get a £20 discount if you use this code: AMB20 (don’t forget to use my ambassador code: 5250, with it)
Use this link to place your order: Optimum VAC2 Air Vacuum Blender
If you do purchase this blender I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). This means that I can continue writing this blog, sharing my passion for great food and bringing you new recipes. Thank you for your support.