These refreshing, quick and Easy Leftover Turkey Lettuce Wraps make a great starter, snack or party food idea perfect for the holiday season.
Who doesn’t have leftover turkey after Thanksgiving or Christmas? I do every year without fail. It’s strange that no matter how many people come for Christmas dinner I always have leftovers! Which has its good and bad sides. The good bit is that there is no need to cook the next day. On the other hand, however, your family may not want to look at turkey for another year! Well, here is an idea of how to enjoy turkey leftovers as a refreshing and pretty un-Christmasy snack/light lunch the whole family will like. Make these easy, zesty Leftover Turkey Lettuce Wraps!
Easy lettuce wraps
These leftover turkey lettuce wraps can make a satisfying meal (Christmas overindulgence is over!), without having to spend too much time in the kitchen (ideal on Boxing Day!). All you need to do is chop up a few ingredients (avocado, red onion and cilantro), combine with the turkey, and serve in neat little lettuce wraps. Another big plus of this turkey leftovers recipe for me is the fact that it uses raw vegetables, which is such a welcome change after the carrots and the sprouts and the parsnips of Christmas day. And in my case, also the beetroot and the mushrooms (the highlights of the Polish Christmas Eve meal). So today I am simply craving raw vegetables!
Check out also these delicious, easy Leftover Salmon Lettuce Wraps with Guacamole.
I’ve added sweet pomegranate seeds and refreshing cilantro to my raw vegetable mixture, so it’s bursting with flavour and doesn’t even need much of a dressing. A drizzle of oil and lemon or lime juice will do. I recommend using cayenne pepper to add a bit of extra heat to this recipe! Enjoy these tasty, easy recipe for leftover turkey as a snack, light lunch or party food idea!
More leftover turkey recipes
If you are looking for more easy turkey leftovers recipe ideas you may also like this Cream of Tomato and Turkey Soup It’s cream of tomato soup plus healthy protein and more flavour! Check out also this zesty Cured Sprouts Salad with Clementines and Turkey. Another easy, delicious leftovers recipe is this Healthy Turkey Salad Sandwich with Chickpeas (No Mayo).
Easy Leftover Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 2-3 gem lettuce leaves separated
- turkey meat any, sliced into long strips (2-3 strips per leaf)
- 3 small avocados peeled, cubed
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon/lime juice for drizzling
- Salt and pepper cayenne works well to taste
- Place 2-3 pieces of the meat in each lettuce leaf. Set aside.
- Combine the avocado, onion, pomegranate and cilantro, season and add the olive oil and lemon/lime juice. Stir thoroughly and spoon a desired amount into each lettuce leaf. Drizzle with more oil if you like.