These simple 4-ingredient vegetarian stuffed sweet potatoes with spinach and feta make a quick and delicious snack. Also great as an appetizer or light lunch. Serve hot or cold.
These 4-ingredient vegetarian stuffed sweet potatoes with spinach take minutes to prepare and if you make a big batch you can enjoy them hot as well as cold, the next day.
I use sweet potatoes in my cooking quite a lot. They are a healthy alternative to ordinary potatoes and make great chips, mash, and can also be used in soups, casseroles and many other dishes.
Most of all, however, I like them for their fabulous sweetness.
Spinach is an ideal ingredient to pair with both sweet potato as well as feta. It’s earthy and a little bitter, delicious with sweet and sour flavours. The lightly baked tangy mixture of fresh spinach and sharp feta really brings out the caramel sweetness of the sweet potato in this recipe. (I used the combination of spinach and sweet potato also in this quick 5-Minute Vegan Sweet Potato Soup with Roasted Garlic).
How to make loaded vegetarian stuffed sweet potatoes
This is a pretty minimalist recipe consisting of only 4 ingredients (apart from the sweet potatoes). So it is super easy to make. Just bake the sweet potato skins, then scoop out the middle, combine with the other ingredients and whizz up in a blender! This quick, healthy loaded baked sweet potato makes a fantastic appetizer or snack. You can enjoy it hot or cold.
What potatoes to use
I used small sweet potatoes in this recipe simply because they don’t take long to cook. But you can use large ones too, just increase baking time as well as the amount of spinach and feta. Once you’ve blitzed the mixture taste it to check if you like it and add more spinach or feta to suit your preference.
Here is a similar, though, non-vegetarian, recipe you might also like:
More sweet potato appetizer/snack recipes
Vegetarian Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Spinach
- 6 small sweet potatoes
- 90 g fresh spinach chopped
- 100 g feta
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzling
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 200 C/ gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthways and place on the tray skin side down. Drizzle with a little oil using a baking brush to spread it evenly and bake for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and using a small spoon or melon baller scoop out the middle (not too much, about a teaspoonful from each half). Combine with the spinach, garlic, feta and t tablespoons of the oil, sprinkle a little pepper and blitz until well combined and the mixture is sticky.
- Place a generous amount of the mixture into each potato half and bake for an additional 8 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Pin Vegetarian Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Spinach!
Keep in touch
Recipe Link Parties
I am bringing my stuffed spinach and feta sweet potatoes recipe to #CookBlogShare. This week’s host is Easy Peasy Foodie. If you’ve got a recipe this is the place to show it off!