These mocha overnight oats contain two essential breakfast ingredients – coffee and oats. With this easy recipe you can enjoy a delicious, healthy breakfast no matter how hectic your mornings are.
If you are the type of person who often skips breakfast but cannot start the day without your morning coffee than you should try these mocha overnight oats. Coffee and porridge in one dish! Plus chocolate! And it’s all healthy, low in sugar and high in protein. Simply throw all the ingredients together the night before and enjoy a bowl of breakfast deliciousness the next day. So no more excuses – it is possible to have breakfast no matter how hectic your mornings are. This is a great recipe for coffee and chocolate lovers. Busy coffee and chocolate lovers!
Mocha overnight oats
Overnight oats are not only very convenient but when it comes to flavour combinations possibilities are endless. As it’s a breakfast recipe it seemed perfectly sensible to add coffee to it. And since coffee tastes so fantastic with a bit of chocolate I thought it’d be a good idea to pair it with cocoa.
I also used ricotta cheese to make this healthy breakfast mocha recipe creamy and rich tasting without adding too many calories. (Ricotta contains less fat than cream cheese, mozzarella and certainly much less than mascarpone, so think of it as a slightly more calorific yogurt). I only used 1 teaspoon of honey but you can add more (or replace the honey with agave syrup or even maple syrup) if you like. I like both black coffee and dark chocolate (the two predominant flavours in this recipe) so one teaspoon of honey was enough for me. Especially since I served it with chunks of banana and roasted hazelnuts!
More overnight oats recipes
If overnight oats is your thing you might enjoy my Poppy Seed Overnight Oats recipe I posted a few weeks ago. You might also like these Strawberry Peanut Butter Overnight Oats. Check out also these Cherry Cocoa Overnight Oats.
Mocha Overnight Oats (Cocoa & Coffee)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup semi-skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 heaped tablespoon ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey add more if you like
- Combine the milk with the coffee and stir until the coffee is fully dissolved.
- In a bowl or jar combine the oats with the cocoa powder and stir thoroughly. Add the milk mixture, honey and cheese and stir thoroughly. Cover with cling film (or close the lid if you are using a jar) and leave in the fridge overnight. Makes 1 large portion.
- Serving suggestions: serve with lightly roasted crushed hazelnuts and/or chopped up banana.
Pin Mocha Overnight Oats (Cocoa & Coffee)
KEEP IN TOUCH
RECIPE LINK PARTIES
I am sharing this chocolate coffee mocha oats recipe with Saucy Saturdays.