This 6-ingredient baked mushroom crusted chicken breast recipe takes only 10 minutes to put together! It makes a fantastic family meal, but is also great for entertaining. Double the ingredients and you’ll be able to feed up to 12 people!
This crusted chicken breast with mushroom recipe ticks so many boxes! It’s quick, easy, healthy and delicious. Are there any more boxes to click? It’s also perfect as a family meal as well as party food idea. So it ticks ALL the boxes!
How to make baked mushroom chicken breast recipe
This chicken breast recipe contains a handful of ingredients so it’s quick and very uncomplicated. I used a super easy method to make this recipe. Simply blitz the mushrooms until crumbly (see photo below), combine with the rest of the topping ingredients and spread the mixture over the chicken pieces. Then pop in the oven for 30 minutes. And that’s all there is to it! Then simply tuck in and enjoy.
Here is a photo of the mushrooms after they’ve been blended for a few seconds.↓
(Be careful not to puree the mushrooms, they shouldn’t be mushy)
Healthy Mushroom Chicken Recipe
For me an ideal family meal should not only be easy to make and delicious but also healthy. This recipe is!
I used only 2 tablespoons of butter in this recipe. Apart from the chicken breast (very low in fat) the recipe also contains a bit of breadcrumbs, some seasoning and lots and lots of mushrooms. So it’s lean and full of goodness.
Despite the low fat content in this baked chicken recipe the meat is juicy and tender and absolutely delicious! The mushroom topping is light and fluffy, and the whole thing has a melt-in-your-mouth quality.
If you like this mushroom crusted chicken you might also enjoy this Cauliflower Crusted Chicken recipe I made a while ago. It uses a similar method, is equally easy to make and just as delicious!
More chicken breast recipes
If you like this crusted chicken breast recipe you may also like this Spinach and Almond Stuffed Chicken Breast with Quinoa and Tomatoes. Try also this super easy one-pot Pesto Chicken with Orzo. You might also enjoy Low fat Easy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole.
Baked Mushroom Crusted Chicken Breast
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut in half lengthways, skinless
- 200 g mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/3 tsp onion granules
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190 C/ gas mark 5. Line a medium baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Lightly season the chicken pieces and place on the tray. Set aside.
- Chop the mushrooms roughly, then place in a blender and blitz for a few seconds to obtain a crumbly mixture (do not puree the mixture, it shouldn't be mushy). Do this in batches if you have a small blender.
- Combine the mushroom mixture with the rest of the ingredients (don't forget to season to taste). Stir thoroughly and spread the mixture over the chicken pieces. Bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle over freshly chopped parsley or chives (optional) and serve.
Pin Baked Mushroom Crusted Chicken Breast recipe for later!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
RECIPE LINK PARTIES
I am bringing this crusted chicken recipe with mushrooms to #CookBlogShare. Our host this week is Jacqui @ Recipes Made Easy.