This simple Pasta with Garlic and Broccoli is a healthy, delicious and uncomplicated weeknight dinner idea perfect when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
PASTA WITH GARLIC AND BROCCOLI
We are always told that we should eat a lot of broccoli because it’s good for us. But if you are struggling to find new and exciting ways to eat more broccoli try this recipe. It is ready in minutes and the only slightly tricky bit is not allowing the broccoli to become soggy and sad, but in this simple Pasta with Garlic and Broccoli recipe I’ve included instructions on how not to let that happen so you’ll be fine.
There are very few ingredients involved because for me less is definitely more in this recipe.
If you like this recipe you may also like these Easy Meal Ideas!
To see more Easy Pasta Dishes click THIS LINK!
Pasta with Garlic and Broccoli
- Your favourite pasta enough for 4 servings, cooked al dente
- 1 medium broccoli
- 5-6 large garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil for frying and more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- Finely grated parmesan cheese or alternative for sprinkling
- While the pasta is cooking prepare the broccoli. Cut off the stem and peel to remove the stringy outer skin. Place the broccoli (stem end down) plus the peeled stem in a medium pot and fill with 2 cm of water. Cover and bring to the boil, then simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes. Take off the heat and leave to stand without removing the lid for another 5 minutes. Drain. The broccoli should be firm and bright green. On a cutting board chop the broccoli into small pieces and transfer back into the pot. Set aside.
- While the pasta and broccoli are cooking heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic slices stirring constantly until they start changing colour (2-3 minutes) but not allowing the slices to become brown. Pour the mixture over the broccoli, season and stir to combine.
- Spoon a desired amount of pasta and broccoli onto a plate, sprinkle with parmesan, drizzle with olive oil and serve.