This low carb Asian inspired Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry with Veggie Noodles is cooked from scratch in less than 45 minutes. It makes a healthy, fun and delicious dinner idea the whole family will enjoy.
This quick and easy Hoisin Chicken Noodle Stir Fry with Zoodles makes a delicious and healthy family meal. It contains wholewheat noodles, lean chicken, is low in fat and salt (it contains only 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce and 1.5 tablespoons Hoisin sauce) and uses seasonal zucchini. The shops are bursting with it at the moment and I find myself thinking of new ways of using zoodles more than ever before.
Low carb noodles
When it comes to zucchini I find that spirilizing is one of the best ways of preparing it. And in a recipe involving noodles spirilizing it is simply ideal. I decided against using zoodles alone and chose to combine them with a bit of wholewheat noodles (the healthier kind!). I wanted to create a more substantial meal that would appeal to children as well as adults. Zoodles are fun to eat and my own children, who aren’t very keen on zucchini, have never refused to eat a dish with zoodles in it!
(If your children are quite young, however, you may want to use less chilli flakes if they aren’t used to spicy food).
How to make hoisin chicken stir fry
This hoisin chicken dish requires a bit of preparation but the cooking itself takes minutes. The good thing is that while the chicken is marinating (it only needs about 30 minutes in the marinade) you can prepare the rest of the ingredients. (ie. making the zoodles, boiling the noodles and chopping up the garlic and ginger). When all that is done you only need 5-7 more minutes before your Hoisin Chicken Noodle Stir Fry with Zoodles is on the table. This means that the total time you will need to make this recipe is less than 45 minutes. Which is not bad for a dish involving a marinade and made from scratch. Don’t you think?
If you are into healthy stir fries try this Asian cabbage stir fry with noodles.
You may also like this post including 15 Easy Veggie Spaghetti Spiralizer Recipes.
Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry with Veggie Noodles
- 2 chicken breasts approx. 400g, skinless, cut into thin strips (approx.1cm)
- 2 medium zucchinis courgettes, spiralized
- 2 wholewheat noodle nests
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes or less if you want less heat
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- For the marinade:
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1.5 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil olive or vegetable, plus 3 more for frying
- 2/3 teaspoon fenugreek powder
- 1/3 teaspoon less than half each onion granules, ginger powder, garlic powder
- For serving: 2 finely chopped spring onions zest of 1 lime and a good drizzle of the juice
- Combine all the marinade ingredients, add the chicken strips and stir thoroughly. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime cook the noodles according to packet instructions (in salted water with the bay leaf). Drain, reserving some of the water (4-5 tablespoons). Set aside.
- Spiralize the zucchini. Set aside.
- In a large wok or frying pan heat up 3 tablespoons of oil, add the fresh ginger, garlic and chilli flakes, stir and fry for 30 seconds over a medium heat. Add the chicken (including any remaining marinade), stir and fry for about 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the soy sauce, noodles, zoodles and a little water (from cooking the noodles), about 4-5 tablespoons. Stir thoroughly until all the ingredients have been heated through and coated in the sauce.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle the spring onions and lime zest over the top, give a good drizzle of the lime juice and serve.
Pin Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry with Veggie Noodles
KEEP IN TOUCH
RECIPE LINK PARTIES
I am bringing my chicken stir fry with noodles recipe to #CookBlogShare. This week’s host is Jacqui@Recipes Made Easy. I am also sharing it with Tasty Tuesdays, and Fiesta Friday. This week’s co-hosts are Judi @ cookingwithauntjuju.com and Sadhna @ Herbs, Spices and Tradition.