These Asian inspired turkey and rice meatballs make a delicious appetizer or easy dinner idea the whole family will enjoy. They are gluten free, dairy free and low in fat!
This week is #NationalRiceWeek and I am celebrating with this easy Asian inspired turkey and rice meatballs recipe.
This simple turkey meatballs recipe contains popular oriental flavours – ginger, garlic, cilantro and chilli. These meatballs are bursting with flavour and make perfect party food. They are incredibly easy to make, do not require any sauce and make fantastic finger food.
How to make Asian inspired turkey and rice meatballs
To make these meatballs simply combine all the ingredients (not the oil), stir thoroughly and form small meatballs. Fry in a little oil and enjoy hot!
Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your meatballs so ensure the meatballs are cooked thoroughly before serving.
As for spices I only used half a chilli in this recipe as I wanted these meatballs to be quite mild but you could add more if you prefer.
I used coconut oil for extra flavour but you don’t have to. Vegetable oil would be a good option too.
What rice to use
I used red rice but either wild or brown rice are equally good options. They add goodness, flavour and a bit of texture, which you wouldn’t really get with white rice as it’s quite soft and not as nutritious (which is why I don’t recommend using it).
Cook the rice ahead
For this recipe you need to use cooked, chilled rice and I recommend cooking it ahead. This will save you time when making the recipe. Once cooled, refrigerate the rice, covered, until you are ready to use it (for up to 2 days).
Or simply enjoy them with steamed vegetables.
More healthy turkey meatballs recipes
- Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce with Peppers
- Easy Healthy Turkey Meatballs with Butternut Squash Spaghetti
- Healthy Meatballs in Mushroom Sauce
Asian Inspired Turkey and Rice Meatballs
- 2 cups cooked red, brown or wild rice
- 450 g ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 large spring onion finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion granules/powder
- 2/3 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for frying
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients (not the oil) and stir thoroughly to obtain a sticky mixture. Form small meatballs.
- If you are working in batches heat up 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and fry half the meatballs over a low/medium heat for about 7-8 minutes turning often. Use the remaining oil to fry the rest of the meatballs.
Pin Asian Inspired Turkey and Rice Meatballs!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
RECIPE LINK PARTIES
I am bringing these Asian inspired turkey meatballs with rice to The Food Calendar.