This versatile Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Dip with Beans is gluten and dairy free and bursting with tangy delicious flavours. It goes equally well with meat, fish or vegetarian dishes.
Dip recipes are usually very quick and simple to make and with the right ingredients can make a highly nutritious snack. This Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Dip with Beans is no exception.
The recipe is very easy to put together though the vegetables need to spend some time in the oven before you can turn them into a dip.
I made this dip using lightly roasted tomatoes and a red bell pepper. After 30 minutes in the hot oven these vegetables are super sweet, tangy, and full of flavour, making this dip taste rich and delicious. You don’t have to worry about removing the skin from the vegetables, either. The skin is full of goodness and if you puree the mixture well you won’t even know it’s there.
You may also like this easy Eggplant Tomato Dip, where I used a similar method of roasting the vegetables. It’s also vegan and super delicious!
Can you adapt this roasted pepper dip recipe?
I used cannellini beans in this recipe but you can use another white bean variety. As for the herbs I chose basil but there is flexibility here too. The flavour combination in this recipe will be just as delicious with oregano or thyme, for example. I do recommend adding a few dashes of Tabasco. Not only for a bit of heat but also because it adds flavour to this simple dip. Alternatively you can add a bit of chilli to give this dip some heat.
Serving suggestions and storing
This versatile roasted red pepper dip goes well with any white meat as well as white fish. Both fried or grilled. It’s an ideal accompaniment to chicken wraps.
It also makes a satisfying snack, great for entertaining, and can be served with nachos, breadsticks or crackers and a drizzle of good olive oil. Try it with my easy chicken fingers or these healthy chicken meatballs. Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days in an airtight container (I keep mine in a bowl covered with cling film).
More healthy dip recipes
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Dip with Beans
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 120 g cannellini beans tinned or soaked then cooked
- 1 small garlic clove chopped
- 5 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Fine sea salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 425 F/ 220 C/ gas mark 7. Prepare a large baking/roasting tray.
- Place the pepper and tomatoes (open side up) on the tray, without overlapping one another, season, drizzle with oil and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Combine all the other dip ingredients, add the pepper and tomato and puree until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, if possible, and enjoy!