This healthy, vegan Pumpkin Noodle Soup with Smoky Tofu is a warming and delicious autumnal recipe. Comes with a quick and easy recipe for making your own vegetable stock!
Pumpkin soup is such a classic autumn dish, healthy, delicious and so easy to make, and this Vegan Pumpkin Noodle Soup with Smoky Tofu is no exception. There is no doubt that pureed soups are some of the most convenient and comforting dishes you can possibly make, but they can become a little monotonous.
So every once in a while I like to do things a bit differently.
That’s when my spiralizer comes in handy!
Pumpkin veggie noodle soup
Making spiralized veggie noodle soups is so much fun! They really don’t require a lot of effort and the result always brings a smile to my face. Plus they cook so quickly too. See for example, my ever popular post on How To Make Spiralized Vegetable Soup I shared a while ago. This easy veggie noodle soup takes only 10 minutes to cook!
This healthy pumpkin soup recipe can be cooked just as quickly if you prepare the stock ahead (or use ready-made stock).
Homemade Vegetarian Stock
If you visit my blog regularly you may have noticed that I don’t usually use stock in my recipes. But this vegan pumpkin soup, consisting mainly of pumpkin and potato, really would be too bland without it. Making your own stock is super easy (and you can prepare it ahead and refrigerate for a couple of days until you are ready to make the soup). There is no chopping involved and you can prepare the rest of the ingredients while the stock is cooking away (if you prefer not to make it ahead).
See my Instructions below for more details.
Pumpkin soup with tofu
This vegan pumpkin soup can be served with or without the tofu. The tofu makes it a more substantial, hearty dish, adding a delicious, smoky flavour and extra protein. I think there is a perception that tofu is a meat substitute and something that only vegetarians are interested in.
I love the light, delicate texture and mildly nutty flavour of tofu and use it often in my cooking. Most of the time – just because I like it (rarely as a meat substitute). It tastes soo good fried with a bit of smoked paprika!
Fan of tofu?
You may also like this easy, delicious Petits Pois Tofu Vegan Curry!
More pumpkin recipes
Other easy pumpkin recipes you might like include this Pumpkin Garlic Pasta with Arugula. Simply roast the pumpkin, then combine with pasta, fresh arugula and roasted garlic! You may also like these Dairy Free Pumpkin Brownies. Pumpkin makes a fantastic ingredient in bakes!
You may also like this collection of over 12 creamy vegan soups.
Vegan Pumpkin Noodle Soup with Smoky Tofu
- 300 g pumpkin peeled, spiralized
- 3 medium potatoes approx.300g, peeled, spiralized
- 180 g tofu
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon onion granules
- For the stock: 1 medium carrot peeled, 1 medium onion, 1 small celery stalk, 6 sprigs fresh parsley, 1 bay leaf, 1 whole allspice, 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, pepper to taste, 1.25 litre hot water
- Freshly chopped chives for serving
- Start by making the vegetable stock. Place the onion, carrot, celery, parsley, bay leaf and allspice in a saucepan, add the hot water, salt and pepper, cover and bring to boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain the stock and set aside.
- While the stock is cooking spiralize your vegetables (pat dry the spiralized potatoes with a paper towel to remove excess starch and water) and prepare the rest of the ingredients. In a fairly large pot heat up 2 tablespoons of the oil, add the garlic, onion granules and the spiralized potatoes. Cook over a medium heat for 1 minute stirring all the time. Add the spiralized pumpkin, season lightly and continue cooking for 4 more minutes stirring often. Add the vegetable stock, cover, bring to boil and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking prepare the tofu. Gently squeeze the water out of the tofu and cut the tofu into thick matchsticks. In a frying pan heat up 2 tablespoons of the oil with the smoked paprika, add the tofu, season lightly and fry over a medium/high heat for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- To serve, ladle the soup into individual bowls, add the tofu, sprinkle with freshly chopped chives and enjoy!
Pin Vegan Pumpkin Noodle Soup with Smoky Tofu!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
RECIPE LINK PARTIES
I am bringing this Vegan Pumpkin Noodle Soup with Smoky Tofu to #CookBlogShare, hosted this week by Hijacked By Twins. Also sharing with Free From Fridays, Recipe of the Week, Fiesta Friday, co-hosted this week by Petra @ Food Eat Love and Vanitha @ Curry and Vanilla.
I am linking this recipe up to this month’s Recipe Redux – October’s challenge is Good Gut Health.