These easy, delicious cheesecake pots with chocolate consist of a gluten free base and creamy filling using a moderate amount of sugar. This cheesecake dessert comes together in under 15 minutes and makes a perfect addition to any celebration.
These cheesecake pots are the perfect Mother’s Day dessert (Mother’s Day here in the UK will be celebrated this Sunday). There is no need to bake them, they are incredibly easy to make and you can prepared them in advance.
Gluten free cheesecake base for cheesecake pots
As with all my desserts, I tried to make this recipe a little healthier. As a result, I came up with a gluten free base consisting almost entirely of almonds (plus a bit of butter and maple syrup to bind the mixture).
So not only is the base quite low in fat and sugar, it is also gluten free and full of nutritious almonds!
Simple healthy cheesecake filling
The filling in this mini cheesecakes dessert recipe couldn’t be simpler! It consists of 2 types of cheese, a moderate amount of sugar, and chocolate pieces of all shapes and sizes. It’s soft and creamy despite having been made without any single or double cream. I suppose it’s thanks to the ricotta – it has an amazing ability to make everything lighter and fluffier.
How to make mini cheesecake pots
Start by making the base. Blitz the almonds until they have the consistency of fine crumbs. Combine with the butter and maple syrup and spoon equal amounts into 4-5 small cups.
Next prepare the chocolate by processing it until it’s crumbly.
To make the filling beat the sugar with the cheeses until smooth. Stir in the chocolate crumbs and spoon the mixture into the cups. Top with any remaining chocolate crumbs.
Storing and serving suggestions
Keep these cheesecake pots refrigerated until you are ready to serve them (even overnight). If you make these stracciatella chocolate pots in advance be sure to add the fresh fruit of your choice just before serving. It will taste better. A sprinkle of chocolate shavings/crumbs completes this easy delicious dessert.
More mini cheesecake pots recipe idea
Check out also this collection of 27 everyday healthy cacao recipes.
This mini cheesecake dessert recipe makes 4-5 (depending on the size of your dishes) servings.
Every mum deserves something special on Mother’s Day!
A delicious and nutritious dessert perhaps?
Happy Mother’s Day!
Check out also this delicious roundup of 11 Easter Brunch Recipes!
Cheesecake Pots with Chocolate (Gluten Free)
For the Base
- 80 g almonds
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Filling
- 140 g cream cheese I used full fat Philadelphia
- 250 g ricotta
- 30 g icing sugar approx. 3 tablespoons
- 80 g dark chocolate
- Serve with fresh fruit
- To make the base place the almonds in a blender and pulse until the mixture has the texture of biscuit crumbs. Combine with the butter and maple syrup and spoon equal amounts into 4-5 glasses (without pressing too much). Set aside.
- Break the chocolate up into small pieces and pulse in a blender until it becomes crumbly (resembling the almond mixture made earlier). Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, ricotta and cream cheese and beat with an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth (this will only take a minute or so). Fold in the chocolate crumbs, without overstirring (save some for sprinkling on top) and spoon a desired amount into each glass. Top with your favourite fruit (I used strawberries), sprinkle with the remaining chocolate crumbs and serve.
*Nutritional information is automatically generated and should be considered as an estimate.