Tia Maria Chocolate Cheesecake Pots
These indulgent Tia Maria Chocolate Cheesecake Pots are an ideal make ahead dessert to finish off a Thanksgiving dinner. They are very easy to make, require only 5 ingredients and take about 10 minutes to prepare. What’s more, if you double the ingredients you will be able to serve up to 10 individual portions of these mini cheesecake cups. Which is perfect if you are hosting a larger dinner party. Especially if it consists of adults only, as these treats contain a generous amount of alcohol!
Tia Maria is a coffee liqueur so it was ideal to add to my decadent dark chocolate mini cheesecake cups. I don’t think anyone needs convincing that coffee and chocolate make a fine pairing, and the alcohol adds a bit of an extra special quality to this dessert, perfect for the festive season ahead.
These Tia Maria Chocolate Cheesecake Pots are rich and creamy, although not too high in calories as they are made using a combination of cream cheese and naturally low in fat ricotta cheese (so much leaner than the super calorific mascarpone) and only 1.5 tablespoons of icing sugar. I have not added any butter or heavy cream to the recipe.
I think it’s important to use good quality chocolate in any chocolate dessert and this one is no exception – for best results I recommend using dark chocolate containing between 65%-75% cocoa solids. It’s a good idea to serve these mini cheesecakes in espresso cups and decorate with chocolate shavings using dark or white chocolate or a combination of both if you prefer (I used a vegetable peeler to make the shavings).
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 55 g dark chocolate (plus more for decorating)
- 35 ml Tia Maria liqueur
- 60 g full fat cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
- 80 g ricotta cheese
- 1.5 tablespoons icing sugar
- Break the chocolate into small pieces, place in a bowl over a pot of boiling water and melt, stirring occasionally (alternatively melt in a microwave).
- Combine the melted chocolate with both cheeses, sugar, liqueur and stir thoroughly until smooth. Divide the mixture into 4-5 small cups, sprinkle with dark/white chocolate shavings (I used a vegetable peeler to make the shavings), refrigerate for 30 minutes (if possible), and serve. Keep refrigerated.
Make It Now Or Make It Later