Creamy Brussel Sprout Slaw with Cranberries
This delicious, festive brussel sprout slaw comes with a low fat creamy lemon dressing and dried sweetened cranberries. You can make the dressing in advance and simply combine with the sprouts when you are ready to serve it.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 250 g brussels sprouts thinly sliced or shredded in food processor, (trimmed weight)
- 50 g dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 tsp Good pinch of fine sea salt and pepper to taste
For the creamy dressing
- 8 tbsp Skyr/low fat thick yogurt
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice plus zest of 1-1.5 lemon
- 1/3 tsp onion granules/powder
Slice the brussels sprouts thinly or shred in a food processor and place in a large bowl. Add the cranberries, seasoning and stir.
In another bowl combine the dressing ingredients and stir until smooth.
Stir the dressing into the salad, adjust seasoning if needed and serve!
- Brussels sprouts: For best results use firm, fresh sprouts. Trim and either slice them thinly (I chose this method) or shred in a food processor.
- Creamy dressing: You can make the dressing in advance and refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- For the dressing - zest the lemon first then cut and squeeze out the juice.
- Yogurt: I used naturally low in fat creamy Skyr, but you can use reduced fat Greek yogurt or another thick yogurt.
- Herbs: I kept this recipe simple and didn’t use any herbs but if I had I would have gone for either chives or cilantro.
- Make the salad in advance: Once you’ve added the dressing you can either serve this salad straight away or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Not suitable for freezing.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 268mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 328IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1mg