Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash, Tomatoes & Arugula
This colourful pasta with roasted butternut squash, tomatoes and arugula is an easy dish made from scratch, perfect as a healthy vegetarian weeknight meal idea.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 4 people
- About 250 g your favourite pasta
- 1 bay leaf for cooking the pasta
- 1/2 butternut squash peeled, cubed
- 360 g cherry tomatoes scored
- 50 g arugula finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves peeled, whole
- 3 tbsp olive oil plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 200 C/gas mark 6.
Place the squash, tomatoes and garlic in a baking tray, season, drizzle with oil and roast for about 35- 40 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven, slice or chop the garlic and then put it back in the tray mixing with the vegetables.
While the vegetables are in the oven cook the pasta (al dente) in salted water (with the bay leaf). Strain and set aside.
Combine the arugula with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and add to the pasta. Season and stir well.
Serve the roasted vegetables with the pasta mixture (with or without the parmesan) with a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Use your favourite pasta shapes.
- To save time cook the pasta while the vegetables are in the oven.
- You could swap the arugula for baby spinach.
- Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan (optional).
- Not suitable for freezing.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg