Pomelo Salad with Noodles (Vegan)
This refreshing vegan Pomelo Salad with Noodles combines the citrusy notes of the pomelo with popular oriental flavours.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 portions
- 1/2 pomelo peeled and crumbled
- 70 g bean thread vermicelli
- 1/2 zucchini chopped into short sticks
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts dry roasted and lightly crushed
- 3-4 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste try cayenne to taste
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil I used cold pressed rapeseed
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
Soak the noodles in hot water, rinse and drain as per packaging instructions. You could chop the vermicelli a little if you don't want it too long (it's easier to mix with the other ingredients when it's shorter). Set aside.
Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Make the dressing and pour over the salad. Stir well and serve.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 129IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg