Persimmon Bruschetta Appetizer Recipe
This persimmon appetizer makes a delicious party food idea. The mixture of sweet and savoury flavours is a delicious way of enjoying this fruit. Super easy to make and absolutely addictive!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 17 minutes
Servings 6 -8 portions
- 6-8 baguette slices cut at an angle
- 2 persimmons finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp basil leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 garlic
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling on the bread
- 3 tbsp pine nuts lightly toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
Puree a quarter of the chopped persimmon. Combine with the remaining persimmon, oil, lemon juice and basil, season, stir and set aside.
Heat up a griddle pan and grill the baguette slices for about 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and rub with the cut end of the garlic. Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar. Top with the persimmon mixture and pine nuts and serve.
- Persimmon: Once you've chopped the persimmon puree a quarter of the mixture and combine with the rest of the ingredients. This will help to bind the mixture.
- Balsamic vinegar: I recommend drizzling the bread with the balsamic vinegar rather than adding the vinegar into the persimmon mixture as it will cause the fruit to lose its vibrant orange/yellow colour and turn slightly brown.
- Best served immediately.
- Not suitable for freezing.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 65mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 53IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg