Vegan Beetroot Hummus Recipe
This simple, vibrant easy beetroot hummus recipe without tahini is low in fat, is super easy to make and bursting with colour, flavour and veggie goodness!
Prep Time 7 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 37 minutes
Servings 8 people
- 2 medium beets cooked whole, unpeeled
- 1x 400 g tin chickpeas strained, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 tbsp good vegetable oil I used cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 4 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 tsp onion granules
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Boil the beetroot until tender but not too soft (about 30 minutes, depending on the size of your beetroot). Allow to cool, peel and chop.
Combine all the ingredients and puree until smooth. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Boil the beets whole, unpeeled, until tender, and cool completely before making the dip. You can cook them ahead and once cooled, refrigerate, unpeeled, until you are ready to make the recipe.
- Make this easy beetroot dip as sharp and spicy as you like - my version is quite mild. I used lemon juice but you could combine it with a bit of vinegar for extra sharpness to suit your taste.
- Serve with crackers, pretzels or any other party food favourites. Scatter chopped nuts for a bit of texture and drizzle over a little oil before serving.
- Storing: Keep refrigerated. Beetroot hummus will stay fresh, covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Not suitable for freezing.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg