Healthy Chocolate Chip Cranberry Muffins
Enjoy these low sugar Healthy Chocolate Chip Cranberry Muffins for breakfast or as a healthy snack anytime. They taste fantastic with easy matcha cheese spread.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 23 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 and 1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup ground almonds/almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice, or pumpkin spice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup semi-skimmed milk/low fat
For the matcha spread
- 100 g each ricotta and low fat mascarpone
- 2/3 tablespoon matcha powder, a little less than 1
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 200 C/ gas mark 6. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cases.
Combine the flour, baking powder and mixed spice, stir thoroughly and set aside.
Whisk together the eggs, oil and sugar. Add the milk, cranberries and stir well to combine. Add the flour mixture and stir only until the dry ingredients are no longer visible (half way through add the chocolate chips).
Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake 23-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
To make the matcha spread combine the spread ingredients and stir well using a large spoon. Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge (covered) for a couple of days.