Leftover Turkey Lettuce Wraps
These refreshing, quick and easy leftover turkey lettuce wraps make a great starter, snack or party food idea perfect in the holiday season.
Prep Time 12 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
Servings 4 people
- gem, butter or Bibb lettuce leaves separated
- 230 g turkey meat any, finely chopped or cut into long strips
- 2 avocados peeled, cubed
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon/lime juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Place a desired amount of the meat on top of each lettuce leaf. Alternatively combine the meat with the vegetables (step below) before making the lettuce wraps.
In a bowl combine the avocado, onion, pomegranate. cilantro, olive oil and lemon/lime juice. Season to taste and stir thoroughly. Spoon a desired amount on top of each lettuce leaf. Serve.
- Use either white or dark turkey meat or a bit of both. Chop it up as finely as you like and either combine with the vegetable mixture or place on top of the lettuce leaves, then top with the vegetables.
- I used gem lettuce but cos, butter or Bibb lettuce are also good choices.
- Extras: I used cilantro but you can add any herbs you like. You can also add a tablespoon of yogurt or mayonnaise into the avocado mixture. Spice up the recipe with chopped jalapenos, chilli powder, cayenne pepper or a little sriracha sauce.
- Best served immediately.
- Not suitable for freezing.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 711mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 184IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg