Simple Roasted Eggplant Dip (baba ganoush)
This simple roasted eggplant dip is low in fat, gluten free and vegan. It's the perfect party food idea!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 1 medium/large eggplant 400 g
- 1 large garlic clove finely chopped
- 2/3 tsp each cumin powder and smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp tahini sauce
- 3-4 tbsp fresh cilantro/coriander finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive/good vegetable oil plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper to taste and sesame seeds for sprinkling on top
Preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190 C/ gas mark 5. Cut the eggplants in half lengthways, brush the open sides with a little oil, place on a baking tray (open side up) and bake for about 45 minutes or until tender and nicely browned on top.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Chop roughly (discarding only the dry pieces of the skin, if there are any), combine with the rest of the ingredients and puree.
Adjust the seasoning if necessary, drizzle with a little oil, scatter sesame seeds over the top and serve. Serve with raw vegetables or flatbread.
- Use the entire eggplant: pulp and skin.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your eggplant.
- Chill the dip for at least 30 minutes before serving, if possible.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Not suitable for freezing.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg