Salmon and Cabbage Bake
Salmon and cabbage bake is a perfect weeknight dinner idea - made using only a handful of ingredients, it's quick, easy and absolutely delicious!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 500 g salmon skinless, cut into 4 pieces
- 480 g pointed cabbage or savoy, roughly chopped, tough middle bit removed
- 2 tbsp dill finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime zest plus juice of 1/2 lime
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter melted
Preheat the oven to 450 F/ 230 C/ gas mark 8.
Place the salmon pieces on a large plate, season, scatter the lime zest (1 lime) and drizzle the lime juice over the top (1/2 lime). Set aside.
Cut the cabbage in half lengthways and then each piece again in half lengthways removing the tough middle. Slice each piece into approx. 1 cm thick strips.
Heat up the oil, add the cabbage and cook for 5-6 minutes over a medium heat until softened stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the dill, season to taste and stir thoroughly.
Place the salmon pieces on top (including any leftover lime marinade), gently pressing into the cabbage mixture. Drizzle the melted butter over the salmon, cover the dish and bake for 20 minutes or until the salmon is fully cooked. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Equipment: If possible use a casserole dish that's suitable for all heat sources (for convenience). Alternatively prepare the cabbage in a pan, then transfer into your oven dish.
- The cabbage: I recommend using either pointed cabbage or savoy cabbage. They are both sweeter than white cabbage and take less time to cook.
- Cooking times: Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of your salmon pieces.
- Best served immediately. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.
- Not suitable for freezing.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 906mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1440IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg