Easy Avocado Toast with Ricotta
This delicious Easy Avocado Toast with Ricotta is a quick and nutritious savoury breakfast recipe idea. Also great as a healthy snack anytime!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2 medium avocados ripe but firm, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons ricotta
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons good quality vegetable oil
- 2 spring onions/scallions or 1 large shallot finely chopped
- A handful of coriander/cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove crushed
- Sea salt and pepper to taste and black sesame or chia seeds for sprinkling on top
- Your choice of bread I used rye but you can use any
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients (not the seeds), stir thoroughly, adjust the seasoning as necessary and spoon a desired amount on a slice of toast. Sprinkle sesame or chia seeds on top and enjoy!
Keep any unused amount of the mixture in the fridge, in a bowl covered with cling film, for up to 5-6 hours.
- Use ripe but firm avocado so it doesn't get mushy when you combine it with the other ingredients.
- You can make the avocado mixture ahead. Keep it in the fridge in an airtight container or bowl covered with cling film, for up to 5-6 hours. It may not taste as fresh if you store it for longer.
- I used cold pressed rapeseed oil but you can use any good quality vegetable oil. If you prefer olive oil I recommend a mild tasting variety so it doesn't overpower the other ingredients.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg