Prune, Nut and Chocolate Energy Balls
These no-bake Prune, Nut and Chocolate Energy Balls make a fun and healthy after-school snack, but can also be enjoyed as a healthy dessert, perfect for any occasion.
Prep Time 12 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
Servings 14 bite size balls
- 150 g prunes roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter smooth or crunchy
- 50 g good quality dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sesame seeds and/or coconut flakes for coating
Whizz the chocolate in a blender until finely chopped (not completely powdery). Add the prunes and process to obtain a crumbly consistency. Add the rest of the ingredients and whizz briefly to combine. The mixture should by sticky and crumbly.
Form small balls and roll in sesame seeds or coconut flakes. It's a good idea to chill them for 30 minutes before serving, but it's not absolutely necessary. Yields 14 bite size balls.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.