Easy Greek Shrimp Saganaki
This quick and Easy Greek Shrimp Saganaki is a delicious dish perfect for sharing with friends or family - enjoy with fresh crusty bread!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 20 large raw shrimp peeled
- 4 large very ripe tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 80 g feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons green olives finely chopped
- 5 anchovy fillets marinated in oil, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 5 tablespoons white wine
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
In a medium size skillet/heavy duty pan heat up 3 tablespoons of oil, add the garlic and onion and fry over a medium/low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Add the wine and continue frying for 2-3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, olives, anchovies, stir and cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes until the mixture has thickened, stirring often.
Remove from the heat, stir in the shrimp and 2 quarters of the feta, crumble the remaining feta over the top, drizzle with a little oil and slide under a grill, if possible, for about 5 minutes (alternatively don't remove the pan from the heat, stir in the feta, shrimp and cook for 3 minutes - ensure the shrimp is pink before serving)
Season with pepper and some salt (if needed), sprinkle fresh parsley over the top and serve with fresh crusty bread.