Skordalia Dip with Almonds and Bread
Enjoy this healthy Greek inspired skordalia dip with almonds and bread alongside roasted or raw vegetables and chicken skewers or grilled fish.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 100 g soft bread/bun no crust, white or brown or a combination
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 120 g blanched almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 7 tbsp oil I used cold pressed rapeseed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fine sea salt to taste
Tear the bread into chunks and combine with the water and lemon juice.
Place in a blender along with the other ingredients (not the oil) and puree. Without turning the motor off gradually pour in the oil and continue blending until smooth. Adjust the seasoning as necessary, chill for 30 minutes if possible and serve. Keep refrigerated.