Turkey Quinoa Patties with Peach Zucchini Slaw
These healthy turkey quinoa patties with peach zucchini slaw are the perfect party food - easy to make, delicious and great for sharing!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
Servings 4 people
- For the Patties:
- 450 g turkey mince
- 1 cup cooked quinoa chilled
- 3 teaspoons Dunn's River Hot Curry Powder*
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Sea salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons breadcrumbs for coating
- Olive oil for frying
- For the Slaw:
- 1 x400g Dunn's River Peas & Beans* drained, rinsed under cold water
- 2 large peaches ripe but firm, halved, deseeded, spiralized
- 1 medium zucchini spiralized
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- For the Salad Dressing:
- 1 and 1/3 tablespoon Encona Hot Pepper Sauce*
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil I used cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
Combine all the Salad Dressing ingredients, add half of the dressing to the peas/beans and mix together well. Set aside.
Combine all the Patties ingredients, mix well (use the back of a spoon to do this) and form small patties approx. 2 cm thick (the mixture won't stick to your hands if you sprinkle a little water on them) . Coat the patties in the breadcrumbs. Set aside.
To make the Slaw, combine the peach and zucchini, add the bean mixture, drizzle with the rest of the dressing and scatter the onion over the top. Set aside.
Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the patties over a medium/low heat for about 4 minutes on each side (add a little more oil if necessary after you've turned them over). Serve hot with a good helping of the slaw.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg