Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry with Veggie Noodles
This low carb Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry with Veggie Noodles is cooked from scratch in less than 45 minutes. and makes a healthy, fun and delicious dinner idea the whole family will enjoy.
Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 41 minutes
Servings 4 portions
- 2 chicken breasts approx. 400g, skinless, cut into thin strips (approx.1cm)
- 2 medium zucchinis courgettes, spiralized
- 2 wholewheat noodle nests
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes or less if you want less heat
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- For the marinade:
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1.5 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil olive or vegetable, plus 3 more for frying
- 2/3 teaspoon fenugreek powder
- 1/3 teaspoon less than half each onion granules, ginger powder, garlic powder
- For serving: 2 finely chopped spring onions zest of 1 lime and a good drizzle of the juice
Combine all the marinade ingredients, add the chicken strips and stir thoroughly. Set aside for 30 minutes.
In the meantime cook the noodles according to packet instructions (in salted water with the bay leaf). Drain, reserving some of the water (4-5 tablespoons). Set aside.
Spiralize the zucchini. Set aside.
In a large wok or frying pan heat up 3 tablespoons of oil, add the fresh ginger, garlic and chilli flakes, stir and fry for 30 seconds over a medium heat. Add the chicken (including any remaining marinade), stir and fry for about 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
Add the soy sauce, noodles, zoodles and a little water (from cooking the noodles), about 4-5 tablespoons. Stir thoroughly until all the ingredients have been heated through and coated in the sauce.
Remove from the heat, sprinkle the spring onions and lime zest over the top, give a good drizzle of the lime juice and serve.