Quick Vegetable Curry with Paneer
This Quick Vegetable Curry with Paneer is a delicious, easy and fuss free dish that comes together in under 30 minutes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 -6 portions
- 4 medium shallots peeled
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh ginger peeled
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- ½ red chilli use more if you want to add more heat
- 1 x400g tin chickpeas drained
- 250 g paneer cheese cubed
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon each turmeric and coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder any
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Small bunch fresh coriander cilantro, finely chopped
Roughly chop the shallots, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, bell pepper and chilli, place in a blender and puree until the mixture is relatively smooth.
In a large saucepan heat up 3 tablespoons of oil, add the bay leaf, curry powder, cumin, coriander powder and turmeric, stir, then add the tomato mixture, tomato puree, salt and stir. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the chickpeas and continue simmering for 15 more minutes.
In a large frying pan heat up the remaining oil, add the paneer and fry over a medium heat for a few minutes stirring often, until the pieces are lightly browned. Add to the curry along with the coriander (cilantro). Stir through and serve.