Grilled Broccoli Stem Hummus Recipe
This hummus recipe is a delicious way to use up broccoli stems. The broccoli stems are grilled, then pureed along with the other hummus ingredients into a creamy, nutritious dip.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 8 people
- 2 large/3 small broccoli stems
- 1 x 400 g tin chickpeas drained, rinsed
- 1 large garlic clove chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Skyr/natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons good vegetable oil plus a little more for grilling the broccoli stems
- 1/6 teaspoon onion granules
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Place the broccoli stems on a cutting board, cut end down, and thinly slice off the tough outer layer using a sharp knife all the way around. Cut the stems lengthways into 4 strips. Heat up a griddle pan, brush the strips with a little oil and grill for a few minutes turning often. Leave to cool.
Combine all the hummus ingredients (including the broccoli stems) and puree until smooth and creamy. Serve with raw vegetables or breadsticks.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg