Turkey Cranberry Salad with Lime Dressing
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 300 g leftover turkey chopped
- 60 g dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
For the lime dressing
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice plus zest of 1.5 lime
- 3 tbsp fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- 7 tbsp Skyr or other thick low fat yogurt
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 garlic clove minced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Combine the dressing ingredients and stir until smooth.
In a large bowl combine the chopped turkey, cranberries, cubed avocado and chopped red onion. Pour in the dressing, stir, adjust the seasoning and serve.
- Leftover turkey: Use either white or brown meat or a bit of both.
- Dressing: I used naturally low in fat Skyr but low fat thick yogurt is also a good option. Use regular or low fat mayonnaise.
- Best served immediately. You can make the salad (without the onions) a few hours ahead and keep refrigerated. Stir in the onions just before serving.
- Not suitable for freezing.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 187IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg