Quinoa Pomelo Salad with Cilantro Sauce
This nutritious zesty quinoa pomelo salad with cilantro sauce is a deliciously satisfying refreshing dish - perfect as a light vegetarian meal or served alongside chicken or seafood dishes.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 17 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 6 pomelo segments about ½ pomelo, peeled, crumbled
- 150 g cooked quinoa
- 1 x400 g tin chickpeas drained, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado deseeded, cubed
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
For the cilantro sauce
- 30 g cilantro
- 70 g good quality vegetable oil neutral flavour, such as sunflower or rapeseed
- 2.5 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ green chilli mild variety, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove chopped
- 10 g fresh ginger peeled, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey/maple or agave syrup adjust amount to suit your taste
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Place all of the sauce ingredients in a blender and puree until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
In a bowl combine the quinoa, pomelo, coconut milk and chickpeas, pour over some of the sauce (leaving a little to pour over individual portions or to save for later), season to taste, stir well and serve.
- Prepare the quinoa ahead by boiling it (according to packet instructions) and, once cooled, refrigerating until you are ready to make the recipe. Cooked quinoa can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- You can also peel and crumble the pomelo a few hours before putting the salad together. Just remember to keep it covered and refrigerated.
- The cilantro sauce can also be made in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Refrigerate the pomelo salad for up to 2 hours.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg